Questions about CAP and USAF relationship

Started by DinoSarge, February 07, 2011, 02:03:09 AM

Eclipse

I personally know of a few slapped hands or unofficial conversations to stay away from the base awhile, and also a few urban legends with worse ramifications, but on the whole nothing happens, as is SOP for CAP.

Why punish the guilty when we can all suffer to avoid an uncomfortable conversation?

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: N Harmon on February 07, 2011, 08:21:18 PM
grounds for some serious CAP discipline, perhaps even 2B territory if it caused CAP to be banned from the base.

At the very least a written reprimand and/or demotion with a warning that another foul-up means a boot in the kiester and a 2B in your hand.

Or...let the bad actor be "educated" on misbehaviour while at attention before the wing king and base CCMsgt.

They shouldn't be hanging around the BX anyway, should they, lordmonar?

When I go it's just to go to MCSS, and then I get what I need and get out, and I often go in civvies.

But I do believe that it is inexcusable that the AF doesn't educate its new people about their Auxiliary, given that they have to learn the functions and role of the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve.  It would take at most a two-hour lecture conducted by a pre-cleared CAP officer, along with a knowledgeable academic MTI.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

Well here on Nellis....

We had a CAP cadet get caught shoplifting from the BX....2b.
We had a guy who claimed to be a medically retired Army Lt Col....was only an E-3 after a 4 year hitch.....he had a falsified military dependant ID card....he got a 2b and the OSI are watching for him to try to access base again.
When I first go to Nellis the first CAP member I met was wearing a flight suit so he could better service when he went to the VA hospitol (located on base).
Had a guy who represented himself as a CAP PAO so he could score VIP access to the Nellis Air Show.
I have seem lots of "CAP members" who only join so they can go to the golf course.

We have a good relationship with the base....they like us and we do our best to police our own and tell the base when we have bad apples.

We do a good job of it for the most part.

As far as hanging out at the BX.......CAP members by regulations are only supposed to be going to the MCSS...but AAFES allows anyone to use the food court and the "BX Mall" shops and they no longer check IDs at the door so it is hit or miss if you can actually buy something at the check out stand.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NCRblues

Wow, this is a first i have heard of repercussions of something done on base by a cap member. :clap:

Those items listed are the problems run across at most installations I believe. Cap tends to avoid those awkward conversations as much as possible. I'm am very happy there are those out and about that are not afraid to speak up when something is wrong...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Mustang

Quote from: DinoSarge on February 07, 2011, 02:03:09 AM
Do you guys think CAP should operate more OR less in a militaristic manner?

What exactly do you consider a "militaristic manner"?  I'd venture to guess the Air Force isn't as "militaristic" as you imagine, certainly not the ops side of the house.  The AF has a very strong mission-oriented focus, as does most of CAP, and they will be the first to tell you that spit & polish, snappy salutes and sharp creases do not get the mission done--nor, IMHO, do they really even contribute to mission accomplishment. Being the best at your job that you can possibly be, does. 

This is the form versus substance argument, really.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "