Main Menu

You know you are a CAP cadet if...

Started by titanII, January 26, 2011, 02:53:10 AM

Dad2-4

You communicate with your CAP friends at school using the phonetic alphabet so others won't understand.
You understand terms like SAREX, MAJCOM, WMIRS, FAA, CAB, CAC, etc.
You can name the entire grade structure of CAP, the USAF, and likely most or all US armed forces.

speedbird

You take your hat off when you go inside.

You start walking with your left foot

You stand up and sit up straight.

You respond to people with precise answers instead of "what ever" or yeah.

CT074CC

When you go to work, you make sure your gig line is perfect.

Everything such as wallet and other accessories goes into a certain pocket.

You say you are going on a mission and people look at you weird.

Acronyms are more familiar to you than how to make a PB sandwich.

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: speedbird on May 30, 2011, 07:05:16 AM
You take your hat off when you go inside.
[snip]
This is very true of ANY cadet. I went to the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets Junior Cadet Accession Program, a scholarship program for high school juniors and seniors in CAP, JROTC, Young Marines, and Sea Cadets. When we checked in, we were given a hat. Most decided they were going to wear it. Well, during a campus tour, we were going in and out of buildings. About 80% of the JCAP cadets took off their hats as we entered the building, the other 20% to soon follow.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

thatonekid

I once told my friend to take his cover of as we went in to school. He looked at me like I was from mars and reminded me that this was school not CAP...
C/MSgt Collins

Skydude61

Quote from: thatonekid on May 30, 2011, 09:28:04 PM
I once told my friend to take his cover of as we went in to school. He looked at me like I was from mars and reminded me that this was school not CAP...

We can't wear hats in school... you are lucky. If I could, I would wear a hat everywhere i went.

thatonekid

We can also text during passing periods.  :P
C/MSgt Collins

HGjunkie

Quote from: thatonekid on June 03, 2011, 02:26:45 AM

Towards the end of the year no fewer than 3 of my teachers didn't care if I had my phone/ipod out during class. Because, hey, final exams.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: HGjunkie on June 03, 2011, 02:42:30 AM
Quote from: thatonekid on June 03, 2011, 02:26:45 AM

Towards the end of the year no fewer than 3 of my teachers didn't care if I had my phone/ipod out during class. Because, hey, final exams.
At my school, we could have them out during passing period, lunch and before and after school. Being a senior, I knew how to either hide it from the teachers that cared or I had teachers that didn't care as long as they weren't teaching and the work got done. I really only had 1-2 teachers that cared and the others just put up with it because they knew would be doing it anyway, might as well not fight it.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

DC

This is why I love being a college student. Generally professors don't care if you use your phone in class (assuming you are bother other students). If you flunk because you spent the whole semester on Facebook, that's your problem. Same for eating/drinking in class and other things generally frowned upon in high school.

Dad2-4

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on June 03, 2011, 03:02:01 AM

Being a senior, I knew how to either hide it from the teachers that cared or I had teachers that didn't care as long as they weren't teaching and the work got done. I really only had 1-2 teachers that cared and the others just put up with it because they knew would be doing it anyway, might as well not fight it.
Honesty, integrity.
Were you a cadet at that time?

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: Dad2-4 on June 05, 2011, 11:27:55 PM
Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on June 03, 2011, 03:02:01 AM

Being a senior, I knew how to either hide it from the teachers that cared or I had teachers that didn't care as long as they weren't teaching and the work got done. I really only had 1-2 teachers that cared and the others just put up with it because they knew would be doing it anyway, might as well not fight it.
Honesty, integrity.
Were you a cadet at that time?
Yes, at the point this was happening and currently. I know that this isn't the greatest example. I can't stand behind it or away from it. I could fall into the trap of saying everyone else was doing it(which they were), but it was my choice.
Was it honest? No. Was I having integrity? No.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

AngelWings

What I do is walk in with a old 90's boombox, turn the volume all the way up, and when the teacher tells me I can't have it out, I say "I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

In all seriousness, I don't play it in class, mainly because I sing it a bit until the whole row I'm sitting at starts singing it.

HGjunkie

Quote from: Littleguy on June 06, 2011, 12:42:03 AM
What I do is walk in with a old 90's boombox, turn the volume all the way up, and when the teacher tells me I can't have it out, I say "I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

I have the urge to test this out now...  >:D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Skydude61

Quote from: HGjunkie on June 06, 2011, 12:42:57 AM

+1

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Skydude61 on June 06, 2011, 08:33:56 PM

+1

Let us all know how it went after you get out of detention.

HGjunkie

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 06, 2011, 09:09:06 PM
Quote from: Skydude61 on June 06, 2011, 08:33:56 PM

+1

Let us all know how it went after you get out of detention.

Last day of school is wednesday. It'll work... Maybe.  >:D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

titanII

Quote from: HGjunkie on June 06, 2011, 09:12:00 PM
Heck, we had detention on the last day of classes, every day of final exams, and (apparently) during summer school
No longer active on CAP talk

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: titanII on June 06, 2011, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on June 06, 2011, 09:12:00 PM
Heck, we had detention on the last day of classes, every day of final exams, and (apparently) during summer school
There were seniors that had to make up 4 hours of detentions the Friday before graduation in order to walk. We had gotten out of school Wednesday.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

thatonekid

Thats fantastic!!! Now lets get back on topic before they lock...
C/MSgt Collins