Main Menu

Rack-Em-Up

Started by Spaceman3750, January 11, 2011, 11:02:56 PM

Spaceman3750

http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=91718&expand=false

Ran into this while researching something else. Has anyone ever used this app before?

vento

There is another thread here at CT about this software. I have it on my iPhone, it started with bugs, got revised but it is still buggy.

Pylon

Have it.  Can't say I've ever really needed to use it, but it's there.  For the most part, works as advertised.  There are a few bugs, as mentioned, but nothing drastic that makes it unusable.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

vento

Here's the link to the thread from two years ago.
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=7425.0

davidsinn

Why would you spend 3 bucks on that when the same phone is capable of going to the McChord rackbuilder website for free?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

spacecommand

People and their fancy apps.  Don't give vanguards any ideas now!

JoeTomasone

Quote from: spacecommand on January 13, 2011, 09:32:37 AM
People and their fancy apps.  Don't give vanguards any ideas now!

I think an order confirmation and shipment tracking app for Vanguard would be quite popular, given the posts about them on CapTalk.   >:D

addo1

Warning - Rack 'em up does not work for more than 7 rows of ribbons.... I found that out the hard way...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

nesagsar

I seem to remember devices being approved for the community service ribbon but rack em up doesn't allow it.

Eclipse

Quote from: nesagsar on January 14, 2011, 03:34:11 AM
I seem to remember devices being approved for the community service ribbon but rack em up doesn't allow it.

They were - it also shows the wrong color V in the screen shot.

This is a 99-cent gee-whiz at best, assuming it worked properly.

"That Others May Zoom"

addo1

Quote from: Eclipse on January 14, 2011, 03:55:04 AM
Quote from: nesagsar on January 14, 2011, 03:34:11 AM

They were - it also shows the wrong color V in the screen shot.

This is a 99-cent gee-whiz at best, assuming it worked properly.

Wait - It doesn't cost 99 cents anymore? Mine was when I got it... Granted, that was a ways back...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JArvey

They never update this app, and it has the wrong order for achievement ribbons (cadets only).

baronet68

Free, up to date, and works on smart phone browsers:

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/

What I find kind of rewarding, is to see my ribbon artwork from the McChord site being used in the Rack-Em-Up app.  I generated those images using nothing more high tech than MS Paint (which is why the star and prop attachments are skewed slightly taller than they are wide) and they've since been copied and proliferated all across CAP.   
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

addo1

Quote from: JArvey on January 15, 2011, 05:06:36 AM
They never update this app, and it has the wrong order for achievement ribbons (cadets only).

I got in communication with the developer this week... I have a few suggestions for him that he is going to look at. Please post with the things that you see need to be changed and I will give him the list. He is willing to update. Thanks.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

HGjunkie

Quote from: addo1 on January 17, 2011, 05:31:19 PM
Quote from: JArvey on January 15, 2011, 05:06:36 AM

I got in communication with the developer this week... I have a few suggestions for him that he is going to look at. Please post with the things that you see need to be changed and I will give him the list. He is willing to update. Thanks.
With milestone ribbons, It wants to put the wright brothers on top of all the achievment ribbons, IE the WBA is on top of the rickenbacker on mine. Also, a way to add clasps to the ribbons without having to remove them and re-add it with the # of clasps you need would be nice.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

JArvey

Also, the community service ribbon has clasps, and It would be amazing if he could put a info box to the side of the ribbons saying what the requirements are for them. And the milestones are not ahead of the normal grade ribbons.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 11, 2011, 11:02:56 PM
http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=91718&expand=false

Ran into this while researching something else. Has anyone ever used this app before?

I have it. Its a neat app, doesn't do much though. Don't expect much.

nesagsar

I found an iphone app called "medalsribbon". It has CAP, all US military, and LA police.