Coast Patrol Base 16

Started by LTC Don, January 11, 2011, 02:17:56 PM

LTC Don

This is really aggravating about the board not holding into login credentials after the host change.....anyway.

These are some photos I took during a trip to the Outer Banks last August.  This is a museum in the terminal building at the Dare County Airport.  If you are visiting the Manteo/Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk/Nags Head area, please stop in.  It is well worth the trip. The other end of the room is dedicated to the Navy unit also stationed there during the war. Some very interesting reading, and Godspeed to those who lost their lives.

http://picasaweb.google.com/112887707707406415523/CAPMuseumDisplayDareRegionalAirportManteoNC19AUG2010#

Cheers,
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Tubacap

Those are cool!

I especially like the "duck club" and the status of belligerent.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

James Shaw

Thanks for the pics it was great to see.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

SABRE17

those aircraft hanging from the ceiling are those models at a smaller scale or actual size? i realize there was a ceiling fan right next to the corsair but I couldn't tell the approx size

jeders

Considering that there's a fish mounted on the wall that's bigger than any of the aircraft, I'm gonna say that they're much smaller models.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SABRE17

i guess i didn't see that one. *facepalm*