I need a printable CAP brochure...

Started by Stonewall, October 10, 2010, 11:57:35 PM

Stonewall

I saw a young kid wearing an ABU blouse today and said "sharp uniform, buddy" and his mom said they just bought it, but couldn't find a beret (I'm assuming for halloween).  Naturally I spark up a conversation and learn the kid LOVES the military and wants to be a soldier/airman/sailor/marine/pilot/grunt/ninja/ranger/recon commando...when he grows up.  I hand the mom my military business card and promise the kid a beret as I have about 10.  I head home to scrounge up a beret and a few other things.  I got him an MRE, a new tan undershirt, a USAF name tape, camo compact, and some other crap.

When I returned to the BBQ joint I remember that I spent 23 years in CAP and suggested that they hit up www.gocivilairpatrol.com so when he turns 11 next year he can look to join the local unit.  His mom, looking a little...um...notsurehowtosaythis...under privileged, says "oh, I don't have internet at home", so I'm assuming she doesn't have a job with computer access either.  I told her I'd drop off some info tomorrow after work.  I go to the gocap.com website and am surprised they have nothing that can be printed out, as in a "this is what CAP is" page.

Anyone got anything I can use?  Or point me to an area of the site that I can get what I need?  If nothing else I'll send them info from NHQ.  They still have the request for recruiting info, right?
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

You can still order cadet and senior brochures on eServices right? Obviously you wouldn't have time for that this time around but it might help in the future. I keep meaning to pick some up from my CC but keep forgetting.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Way to go for being an awesome recruiter and CAP promoter!!!

Stonewall

So I printed up the brochure and even grabbed a few other things I had around house that were military in nature; a boonie cap, flight gloves, whistle, signal mirror and a few patches.  Went to her work, a pediatrician's office, and dropped the stuff off.

She told me how her son's father (I'm guessing not her husbnad) promised the boy a beret and a whole bunch of other stuff but failed [again] to come through on his promise.  She gave me the biggest hug and almost in tears told me that she didn't think any "good guys" existed anymore.

I told her to keep faith as all the good guys are out doing good things.
Serving since 1987.

a2capt

Senior

Stonewall you are one cool dude!!!! :clap: ;D
You made that kids year. ;) 
I could use a signal mirror also. ;)( I thought I would least throw that out there ::))

DBlair

Stonewall-

I just wanted to say "Well Done!" for everything you did!  :clap:
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Stonewall

I got a call from an unknown number on Friday and it was the boy, Levi.  He called to say thank you.  I heard his mom in the background telling him what to say. 

I suggested that he try to make it out to the air show over the weekend, but he wasn't aware of the show and couldn't make it.  He had plans for paintballing.  I guess that's a decent substitute...  8)
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on October 26, 2010, 01:19:20 AM
I got a call from an unknown number on Friday and it was the boy, Levi.  He called to say thank you.  I heard his mom in the background telling him what to say. 

I suggested that he try to make it out to the air show over the weekend, but he wasn't aware of the show and couldn't make it.  He had plans for paintballing.  I guess that's a decent substitute...  8)

Oh man, you gotta follow up with this kid when he turns 12.   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP