CAP Youtube Channel(I need a name first)

Started by Cadet Davis, November 28, 2018, 02:54:32 AM

Cadet Davis

Ok so I decided to make a CAP youtube channel... I initially typed a whole paragraph asking for help but I am going to cut it short... I need help making a youtube name in order to attract cadets and prospective members into watching for entertainment and CAP knowledge. I want to broadcast myself as an in between between "My CAP Life" and "What CAP is". Most of my videos will likely be videos of me at CAP events/meetings but I will also make a few at home. I see most CAP youtubers only really record from home but as the C/PAO for my squadron I think I will have a greater chance to record. That is all... Help me

C/2d Lt Davis
NY-212

OldGuy

Great idea, great initiative - please make certain to get your CC involved and probably your PAO.

Eclipse

Quote from: OldGuy on November 28, 2018, 03:03:15 AM
Great idea, great initiative - please make certain to get your CC involved and probably your PAO.

+.5 (not quite 1)

If you intend to only post videos regarding your personal experience in CAP, then it's pretty much on you,
but if you intend to do anything involving other cadets, or officially for the unit, then you absolutely need
prior approval as all internet operations require Wing CC approval.

One good example of a cadet Youtube channel is C/Col Holly Fieglein's https://www.youtube.com/user/dwarf908
It's also a place to see what is already discussed to avoid duplication.

"That Others May Zoom"

Cadet Davis

My plan is not to do it FOR the unit but just use the channel as an entertainment source and tool for all cadets but to also just record the "daily life" in CAP like going on a SAREX. And yes I know I will definitely have to ask to take video and make sure I abide by OPSEC(tell me if I am missing anything). I just find that there is a lack of just regular CAP videos of cadets doing cadet things. Instead it's just videos of people teaching drill movements and explaining what the heck CAP is. As an example one of my goals would be to record what we do during our Annual Survival Bivouac. Just simply record us setting up our shelters, making a fire, getting our gear together, stuff like that. Just documenting/commentating on it like a gamer would play a game or a guy doing a survival night out in the woods would. I guess what it turns out to be will depend on...well it just turns out to be. C/Col Feiglein's channel turned out great but I still think it is missing the regular "CAP Life" side of things. Do not get me wrong, her videos are outstanding but she only has a few videos of her actually doing something in CAP instead of sitting at home going over something about CAP.

As a last note, if in the future I need permission to record etc.(likely) I will obtain it, I assure you that. Thank you for your feedback.

TheSkyHornet

THRAWN

My So-CAP Life. Hire Claire Danes to voice the opening....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023