Main Menu

CAPF 120 Online

Started by RogueLeader, October 13, 2015, 07:31:39 PM

kwe1009

Quote from: Bullpup95 on October 28, 2015, 05:43:09 PM
I have an issue with the CAPF 120 online as the awards are approved and updated in members records, there seem to be no notifications going out to the CC or the DP's to indicate this.  I find it odd that at least the CC isn't at least notified if one of his members, especially cadets, has been awarded an decorations and the member is left to find it on his/her own and wonder why the CC isn't recognizing them for their achievement.  I would have to assume as well that if a recommendation for award is initiated from outside a members unit, the one making the recommendation isn't being notified as either.  He/she should in case it is denied and further justifications may be needed.  If anyone else is seeing notifications being pushed out please share.

I talked with NHQ about this a few weeks ago and believe it or not that is how the system is designed to work.  They said that they would consider adding notifications.

NCRblues

Necro thread

While taking a look at my training tab on eServices, I noticed I had a Commanders Commendation on the awards section that I had absolutely no idea I had back from 2012.

Question for you more tech savvy, can you read the citation for the awards anyplace?

I am sort of confused on how this new awards system is supposed to work. I was under the impression that a notification was supposed to be sent to both the awardee and the member nominating them. I suppose I was incorrect?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Garibaldi

Quote from: NCRblues on February 07, 2016, 09:56:21 PM
Necro thread

While taking a look at my training tab on eServices, I noticed I had a Commanders Commendation on the awards section that I had absolutely no idea I had back from 2012.

Question for you more tech savvy, can you read the citation for the awards anyplace?

I am sort of confused on how this new awards system is supposed to work. I was under the impression that a notification was supposed to be sent to both the awardee and the member nominating them. I suppose I was incorrect?

There should be a section on the actual form for color, why the award was given, etc. Unless they uploaded a physical copy, it may not be included in the online form.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

RogueLeader

Necro thread

If you go to the Recommendation for Decoration module, and look up the Check Status sub-module, you can pull the details up as to the Justification.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Pace

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 08, 2016, 03:41:24 AM
Necro thread

If you go to the Recommendation for Decoration module, and look up the Check Status sub-module, you can pull the details up as to the Justification.
That doesn't work for me. I can only see awards I have recommended for other members. I can't see either of my historical awards entered by my group commander.
Lt Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: Pace on February 08, 2016, 03:53:39 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on February 08, 2016, 03:41:24 AM
Necro thread

That doesn't work for me. I can only see awards I have recommended for other members. I can't see either of my historical awards entered by my group commander.

You can only see awards that you have personally been involved with, either as a submitter, or as an approve.  BTW, that does not include as a recipient.

Pace

That's what I figured. I wonder if IT can somehow fix that for the user/recipient.
Lt Col, CAP

kwe1009

Quote from: Pace on February 08, 2016, 05:00:17 AM
That's what I figured. I wonder if IT can somehow fix that for the user/recipient.

They should be able to add that feature.  The information is there and they just need to enable the recipient to have access to it.  They have been very responsive to me whenever I have asked questions or made suggestions regarding the awards module.

JeffDG

Quote from: kwe1009 on February 08, 2016, 02:16:44 PM

They should be able to add that feature.  The information is there and they just need to enable the recipient to have access to it.  They have been very responsive to me whenever I have asked questions or made suggestions regarding the awards module.

I made the suggestion when the module was in it's 1+ year "beta" test phase.  I'm glad someone else has better success.

This module could have been so much better.  It could have automatically included the ability of Awards Boards to provide their input (these are now appointed in eServices).  As it stands now, we have to go and pull any awards that come in, basically print them off (PDF), circulate them by e-mail, wait for responses, then deliver a reco to the commander, all outside the system.

Instead, it just took the paper form and made an e-signature option for it.  Could have coded that in Sertifi in <1 hour honestly.

kwe1009

Quote from: JeffDG on February 08, 2016, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on February 08, 2016, 02:16:44 PM

I made the suggestion when the module was in it's 1+ year "beta" test phase.  I'm glad someone else has better success.

This module could have been so much better.  It could have automatically included the ability of Awards Boards to provide their input (these are now appointed in eServices).  As it stands now, we have to go and pull any awards that come in, basically print them off (PDF), circulate them by e-mail, wait for responses, then deliver a reco to the commander, all outside the system.

Instead, it just took the paper form and made an e-signature option for it.  Could have coded that in Sertifi in <1 hour honestly.

I agree it could be a lot better and I'm constantly pushing to get changes made.

Sertifi isn't a great help either.  We were using Sertifi with the committee members as 1st level signers and the Wing CC as the 2nd signer.  Sertifi made a change to how things work and now when the minimum number of 1st level signers has signed the document, it is closed out as complete. It used to push it up to the 2nd level signer (which makes sense) but that is no longer the case.  We have stopped using the voting option which just adds more manual interaction that shouldn't be necessary.

Here is how my Wing is doing this now:

• Wing Director of Personnel gets notification of award submission via email
  • DP saves the award submission page as a PDF and uploads to Sertifi for board review
  • Once the board makes a decision, the Wing CC is informed and given a copy of the signed PDF
  • Wing CC approves/rejects award based on the board's recommendation
  • DP notifies award submitter and chain of commander of the decision. Provides certificate or recommendation for improvement if award was rejected

To make matters worse, my Region will not even accept award recommendations via eServices (they say the system doesn't work).  So for any award requiring their approval a CAPF120 needs to be generated and submitted to them and once approved we have to put it into eServices as an historical award so that it will be recorded there.

This isn't much better than the previous system where the CAPF120 was just emailed to the Wing DP for processing. The only positive is that the award is in the member's record in eServices.