Main Menu

CAPF 120 Online

Started by RogueLeader, October 13, 2015, 07:31:39 PM

kwe1009

Any ideas on where you can see the approved awards in eServices using this new system?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: kwe1009 on October 16, 2015, 09:22:29 PM
Any ideas on where you can see the approved awards in eServices using this new system?

I'm guessing that it will be in the 'Awards' section of the member report.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

disamuel

This should be expanded to include find ribbons.

kwe1009

Quote from: disamuel on October 17, 2015, 11:01:56 PM

Baby steps I guess.  This is a module that should have been implemented a long time ago.  Hopefully they will have all ribbons added at some point soon.

jeders

Quote from: disamuel on October 17, 2015, 11:01:56 PM

Find ribbons are submitted on a Form 2A, not a Form 120. Now that they've got the F120 awards approval in eServices, hopefully they'll start on the 2A awards. Like kwe said, baby steps.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I would have recommended they do the 120 and 2a based awards at the same time. A lot of the code should be reusable but if you don't think about the differences from the start you end up re-writing the common code or hacking it to work for the new part.  Oh well.

JC004

2a awards are going to be more difficult.  I have a spreadsheet for tracking finds, mission time (SAR, CD, HLS), and DR credit, for each member of the unit.  Hours, sorties, and finds are standard in the Participation Letters.  CAP doesn't have anything like that as a standard. 

I discovered recently, in doing a very comprehensive check-through of my records and filling in anything that was missing in the folder (like a couple encampment PLs).  In doing that, I discovered that UNIT records were used to determine my eligibility for a couple things like my Recruiter.  In other words, the CC looked at our recruiting sheets (local form), verified I had the required number, and signed the 2a.  But those unit records are gone IAW CAP regulations on file retention.  I'm working on reconstructing things. 

Jaison009

Care to share?

Quote from: JC004 on October 19, 2015, 08:30:44 PM
2a awards are going to be more difficult.  I have a spreadsheet for tracking finds, mission time (SAR, CD, HLS), and DR credit, for each member of the unit.  Hours, sorties, and finds are standard in the Participation Letters.  CAP doesn't have anything like that as a standard. 

I discovered recently, in doing a very comprehensive check-through of my records and filling in anything that was missing in the folder (like a couple encampment PLs).  In doing that, I discovered that UNIT records were used to determine my eligibility for a couple things like my Recruiter.  In other words, the CC looked at our recruiting sheets (local form), verified I had the required number, and signed the 2a.  But those unit records are gone IAW CAP regulations on file retention.  I'm working on reconstructing things.

JC004

JC004

There is a new section under the Training tab called Decorations.

It lists the Decoration, Date of Decoration, and Approval Date.

kwe1009

If you have the signed 2A then you shouldn't need the supporting documentation, right?  The commander signs the 2A verifying that the member did indeed earn the award.

JC004

Quote from: kwe1009 on October 21, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

If you have the signed 2A then you shouldn't need the supporting documentation, right?  The commander signs the 2A verifying that the member did indeed earn the award.

In my case, one or two 2As were missing.  I'm trying to make sure I have one for everything.  I don't have the exact count now on mission hours, sorties, recruits, etc. because those were in unit records and logs.  I just have estimates based on what was awarded.  I'm trying to do a complete Mission Participation record (local form), but lots of those records went away.  SAR was done based on unit records showing the minimum hours/sorties...but I'm trying to get a complete accounting.  I have a Personnel Authorization for one person for SAR, but can't complete the Mission Participation record because a lot of that is gone.  Some 2As were done on paper - some in WMU...it's all very confusing.

Jaison009

Your spreadsheet you use to track "finds, mission time (SAR, CD, HLS), and DR credit"

Quote from: JC004 on October 20, 2015, 02:07:01 AM
Quote from: Jaison009 on October 20, 2015, 12:32:35 AM
Care to share?

Which?

Luis R. Ramos

Kwe-

Everyone in the approval chain wants to see the supporting documentation, and the regs say to "submit the 2a with supporting documentation through the chain."

Why don't you read the regs before posting?

Read CAPR 39-3, Award of CAP Ribbonsd, Medals, and Certificates.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

kwe1009

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on October 22, 2015, 12:48:35 PM
Kwe-

Everyone in the approval chain wants to see the supporting documentation, and the regs say to "submit the 2a with supporting documentation through the chain."

Why don't you read the regs before posting?

Read CAPR 39-3, Award of CAP Ribbonsd, Medals, and Certificates.

I'm talking about an signed and approved 2A.  I do read regs before posting.  I didn't see where the supporting documentation had to stay with an approved 2A.  Can you point that out to me in the regs?

CAP_truth

As of today my 2 CCA, 1 CofLS, and AA was approved and posted in e-services in new section called Decorations.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

JC004

Quote from: Jaison009 on October 22, 2015, 12:19:08 PM
Your spreadsheet you use to track "finds, mission time (SAR, CD, HLS), and DR credit"

Quote from: JC004 on October 20, 2015, 02:07:01 AM
Quote from: Jaison009 on October 20, 2015, 12:32:35 AM
Care to share?

Which?

I can show you what we currently have (posted above).  These forms are all under review and revision.  At the moment, we use the Notes box to include the exact mission type, location, and anything related to award credits.  I usually include things like the aircraft/watercraft information, etc.:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=20398.msg374395#msg374395

Bullpup95

I have an issue with the CAPF 120 online as the awards are approved and updated in members records, there seem to be no notifications going out to the CC or the DP's to indicate this.  I find it odd that at least the CC isn't at least notified if one of his members, especially cadets, has been awarded an decorations and the member is left to find it on his/her own and wonder why the CC isn't recognizing them for their achievement.  I would have to assume as well that if a recommendation for award is initiated from outside a members unit, the one making the recommendation isn't being notified as either.  He/she should in case it is denied and further justifications may be needed.  If anyone else is seeing notifications being pushed out please share.

RogueLeader

Really?

Each time I have had one come in, and each that is approved- I get an email, and a notice in E-services that there is an approval for me.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Toad1168

Quote from: CAP_truth on October 22, 2015, 09:30:42 PM
As of today my 2 CCA, 1 CofLS, and AA was approved and posted in e-services in new section called Decorations.

Where is the decorations section?
Toad