NESA Registration Opened

Started by Angus, December 28, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

FastAttack

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 21, 2010, 02:32:43 PM
So what school is everyone attending? I've been accepted to GTL Session 2.

I want to know who to watch for and meet in-person :).

MP/MO School Session 1.

maverik

Comm Staff both weeks.  Well that's if I can figure out how to pay without resudmitting my enrollment. :P
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Gunner C

Quote from: sarflyer on April 14, 2010, 11:46:28 AM
I believe it has nothing to do with the acceptance process.  You can pay for your classes upon registration.  You can also go back into the registration link after the fact and pay for your classes.  My advice is pay NOW!!!  That way HQ knows your committed.

Paul Rowen, Lt Col, CAP
NESA Webmaster

How is it supposed to work for staff applications?

husker

Payment method is the same for students and staff
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

FastAttack

question does it matter if the medical shows up as YES on the approved system when you been accepted?

I sent my paperwork the day that we got the info about the release and medical info.

husker

Once you send the medical and release forms in, NHQ staff has to go through those and input that into the NTC system.  They are running behind on that, so I would not be concerned.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

FastAttack

Quote from: husker on April 27, 2010, 12:38:13 PM
Once you send the medical and release forms in, NHQ staff has to go through those and input that into the NTC system.  They are running behind on that, so I would not be concerned.

seems like it got posted on my end

1 month 9 days to go :)

Star-Maker

Hooray, my acceptance finally showed up!  I'm going to Team Leader school!

My alternate selections were Advanced GSAR sessions 1 and 2.  It looks like I got accepted for Advanced GSAR session 1 as well.  But I only signed up and paid for one week...the AGSAR sessions were my backups in case I didn't get in to Team Leader school.  Have I been mistakenly booked for both sessions instead of just the second, or is it saying that if TL school falls through for me I can go to AGSAR session 1?
"The star-maker says 'It ain't so bad.'" - The Killers

GTL, GTM1, UDF, MRO

CUL(T), MS(T), MSA(T)

sarflyer

The Transportation Survey is now available on the Participant page.  It must be filled out by all attendees.

Thank you,
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

SJFedor

MAS instructor. See you all there!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

SJFedor

And for all you MAS people, please remember to bring STL sectionals. We always exhaust the FBO's supply in the first 3 hours of the school  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

maverik

faxed my releases in two weeks ago did they need to have an ATTN on them? if so my bad, should I send again? Also is there a way to pay without going through the submit registration again?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

FastAttack

Quote from: SJFedor on May 05, 2010, 10:11:47 PM
And for all you MAS people, please remember to bring STL sectionals. We always exhaust the FBO's supply in the first 3 hours of the school  ;D

MAS MP student here.. thanks for the heads up...

SJFedor

Quote from: FastAttack on May 06, 2010, 03:14:43 AM

Look forward to meeting you! I believe I'll be working the Scanner/Airborne Photographer/ADIS schools this year.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

mynetdude

Quote from: SJFedor on May 06, 2010, 05:46:05 AM

Look forward to meeting you! I believe I'll be working the Scanner/Airborne Photographer/ADIS schools this year.

Are there SQTRs for an airborne photographer yet? And to be AP must one be MS?

Spaceman3750

Will there be laundry facilities available this year? When I was there in 06 they said there may be, and they have said the same every year, but there wasn't and I would have given my left arm to do laundry.

SarDragon

Quote from: mynetdude on May 06, 2010, 01:56:43 PM

There was a SQTR in the stuff I d/l'd from NESA a while ago, but there's still nothing in eServices.

Scanner is a pre-req, and must be at least age 18.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mynetdude

Quote from: SarDragon on May 06, 2010, 11:17:08 PM
Quote from: mynetdude on May 06, 2010, 01:56:43 PM

There was a SQTR in the stuff I d/l'd from NESA a while ago, but there's still nothing in eServices.

Scanner is a pre-req, and must be at least age 18.

I read in 60-3 that AP was not previously tracked and only the wing commander or higher can input this specialty as I read in 60-3 so my question is why would an AP need to be scanner qualified? What makes a scanner not qualified to do AP as a MS?  In fact I believe a MS can also do aerial photography as part of the MS tasks???

SarDragon

Quote from: mynetdude on May 06, 2010, 11:22:04 PM
I read in 60-3 that AP was not previously tracked and only the wing commander or higher can input this specialty as I read in 60-3 so my question is why would an AP need to be scanner qualified?

The short answer - because they said so. Realistically, I think they want to you to know your way around what's going on during mission flying before you start doing AP stuff. The physiology of the job can be a bit different that just scanning. Ask the ARCHER operators about that. Plus, the qualification includes more than just pointing a camera outside and pushing the button.

QuoteWhat makes a scanner not qualified to do AP as a MS?

What does make a scanner qualified. There are no related tasks in the MS SQTR.

QuoteIn fact I believe a MS can also do aerial photography as part of the MS tasks???

Nope.See above.

The task guide and SQTR book is 181 pages. As soon as i find the linky, I'll post it. I thought I got it from the NESA site, but can't track it down right now.

QUALIFIED SUPERVISOR CHART
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret