NESA Registration Opened

Started by Angus, December 28, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

N Harmon

Quote from: davidsinn on January 07, 2010, 03:07:58 PMI find google to be very conservative on the times. I can make what they say is a 4:05 trip in 3:15 without speeding anymore than the next guy (5 over)

I think Google tries to account for current traffic conditions which may not exist once you reach them. That and I'm sure it's better to be estimate a little over rather than under.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

davidsinn

Quote from: N Harmon on January 07, 2010, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on January 07, 2010, 03:07:58 PMI find google to be very conservative on the times. I can make what they say is a 4:05 trip in 3:15 without speeding anymore than the next guy (5 over)

I think Google tries to account for current traffic conditions which may not exist once you reach them. That and I'm sure it's better to be estimate a little over rather than under.

For the particular route I mentioned there is no traffic data. It's 180 miles of which 140 are 60 mph 4 lane highways. The rest are 2 lane roads at 55. I do appreciate the fact that I get there "early" though.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

maverik

I'm trying to figure out which Gsar course I'd lke to staff can anyone give me their experience staffing Advanced SAR or Basic SAR school? Also any comm staff experience would be good to.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Larry Mangum

Quote from: maverik on January 09, 2010, 06:17:49 AM
I'm trying to figure out which Gsar course I'd lke to staff can anyone give me their experience staffing Advanced SAR or Basic SAR school? Also any comm staff experience would be good to.

Have you attended NESA GSAR before? Unless you have the odds of you being accepted for staff are pretty low.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

maverik

Yes of course I have gone to the Advanced GSAR school.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Well it looks like I've convinced at least four others from our Squadron to attend NESA this year.  Pretty good for one SQ located in California.  At least two of us are going to fly there, going up and over first the Sierra's and then the Rockies.

It's going to be a blast!

maverik

We;; I can vouch that it is worth it definately the best week of a summer.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Last year's MAS was excellent, and I'm looking forward to the new Advanced Pilot course!

maverik

I'm not for certain but I think Major Creed may ahve something to deal with that either way good luck I prefer to keep boots on the ground. :D
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Gunner C

Quote from: Amelia Earhart SQ on January 10, 2010, 09:20:08 AM
Well it looks like I've convinced at least four others from our Squadron to attend NESA this year.  Pretty good for one SQ located in California.  At least two of us are going to fly there, going up and over first the Sierra's and then the Rockies.

I'll see you there!

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Awesome, what are you going for?  Looking forward to Breakfast ;)

Gunner C

I applied for ARCHER instructor.  Hopefully both weeks.

Ah yes, breakfast.  Pancakes like thick tortillas and an AF E-5 to joust with.  ;D  Honestly, I hadn't been that tired and had that much training in a long time.  Met great people.  It's gotta be one of the best experiences in CAP.

DG

Quote from: Amelia Earhart SQ on January 10, 2010, 09:20:08 AM

Wow!

How much will that cost?

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Real rough calculation is as follows:

Roughly an average of 3 hours of flying (bladder restrictions) per leg x 4 legs = 12 hours @ 15 gph = 180 galons @ average 4.00 gal = $720.00 each way.

Variables, are differing climb, cruise, and descent fuel consumption, TAS and altitude, and LOP operations (lean from 15 gph down to 11 gph).  Additional costs are oil, O2, accom and grub!

Cost is under $1,800, but the experience is priceless!!

It's a straight shot from the Bay Area:

maverik

I didn't understand the pilot gibberish you threw in there lol but I did understand the price and man I gotta hand it to you it takes dedication to come all the way from there, well there and Alaska.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Dedicated?  Nah!!

I just want to have access to my carry on luggage, not have to get patted down unless I want it, and pee when I want to pee :O

flyguy06

Ita nice to have those kinds of options.
I thought MAS was one of the best courses I have ever taken in CAP. What is the advanced school about? Imay take that one.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

I'm not 100% sure  :o

This is what I have from the web site:  MAS Advanced (SDIS / G1000)*NEW* Training Course

Spaceman3750

I'm waiting on the OK from SQ\CC tonight and then I'll be registering.

Planning on going to GTL school.

Angus

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 12, 2010, 04:20:15 PM
I'm waiting on the OK from SQ\CC tonight and then I'll be registering.

Planning on going to GTL school.

Register now, that school fills up fast.  The approvals come later.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030