Main Menu

encampment showers

Started by CCAlex, July 08, 2010, 07:16:25 PM

a2capt

Could be worse.. you could have to use rocks, coral and a stream, and change after climbing over green slimy rocks to get out. ;-)

CCAlex

Oh yeah, reminds me of the old days...... charcoal soap. :o Those are the times where it scrubbed even when you didn't

SII-117

It's where the marines train. I think they shower. At least they used to.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

Chris35094

I am going to the AL/MS encampment 2011 the showers are open am i allowed to wear a swim suit?

1LtNurseOfficer

Quote from: Chris35094 on June 05, 2011, 06:28:12 PM
I am going to the AL/MS encampment 2011 the showers are open am i allowed to wear a swim suit?

It's very hard to get clean when clothes (regardless of type) are in the way.

Chris35094

Yes but i cant really take a shower with people near me.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Chris35094 on June 05, 2011, 06:34:07 PM
Yes but i cant really take a shower with people near me.

Here we go again!

Why is taking a shower with others in the room a problem?

HGjunkie

Showering with other people nekked is one of those things that new cadets are usually scared about, but generally get over once they start actually doing it. Sure, you feel self-conscious, but you realize that pretty much everyone else is too. Once that confidence starts growing, it becomes less of an issue.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Chris35094

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Chris35094 on June 05, 2011, 08:37:49 PM
Ill remember that.

You need to consider what makes it uncomfortable. Everyone in the room is dressed the same. They have the same equipment. Look up, turn on the water, soap up, wash off, and move out.

elipod

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 05, 2011, 08:44:14 PM
Quote from: Chris35094 on June 05, 2011, 08:37:49 PM
Ill remember that.

You need to consider what makes it uncomfortable. Everyone in the room is dressed the same. They have the same equipment. Look up, turn on the water, soap up, wash off, and move out.

Well put. End of story.
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

Chris35094

titanII

It's like the first day of high school gym class all over again. Just keep yer eyes up, shower fast. And remind yourself that most everybody is doing the same exact thing.
No longer active on CAP talk

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: titanII on June 06, 2011, 12:29:44 AM
It's like the first day of high school gym class all over again. Just keep yer eyes up, shower fast. And remind yourself that most everybody is doing the same exact thing.

Most High Schools use their showers for storage these days.

ElectricPenguin

Imagine everyone else is in their underwear.  Only in this case, everyone is.  :P

DC

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 07, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Imagine everyone else is in their underwear.  Only in this case, everyone is.  :P
Not if the people in charge care about hygiene. It's been said before in this thread, but I'll say it again. Having cadets wear their underwear into the shower pretty much guarantees that the covered area won't be cleaned. Sacrificing a cadet's health in order to save them from facing their irrational fear is not appropriate.

Flyinsarge

Plus, with your flight staff yelling at you to get into the shower, I went from "wait, with THEM??" to "yes Chief!!" and diving in with the other 4 people. Trust me, you will be eager to (try to) please them, lol. Not only that, but the other members of your team are going through the same thing.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: DC on June 08, 2011, 11:13:07 PM
Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 07, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Not if the people in charge care about hygiene. It's been said before in this thread, but I'll say it again. Having cadets wear their underwear into the shower pretty much guarantees that the covered area won't be cleaned. Sacrificing a cadet's health in order to save them from facing their irrational fear is not appropriate.

Im sorry, did you want to deal with the parents?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 07:48:06 PM

Yes. I'd rather explain to them why their child did something millions of others have done before them rather than explain crotch rot or something along those lines.

Eclipse

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 07:48:06 PM

Deal with them, how?

"That Others May Zoom"