Main Menu

encampment showers

Started by CCAlex, July 08, 2010, 07:16:25 PM

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Eclipse on June 09, 2011, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 07:48:06 PM
Im sorry, did you want to deal with the parents?

Deal with them, how?

Parents complain. Besides, if people are complaining about the TSA xray thingy, what makes you think they won't complain about this?

Eclipse

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 08:44:35 PMParents complain. Besides, if people are complaining about the TSA xray thingy, what makes you think they won't complain about this?

People complain about a lot of things, then they are treated to reality and they get over it.

In ten years of communal showers, potties, and open bay barracks, I think the question came up 2 or 3 times, and in all cases resolved itself.
As mentioned above, eyes up, focus on the task at hand, move on with your life.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 08:44:35 PMParents complain. Besides, if people are complaining about the TSA xray thingy, what makes you think they won't complain about this?
Thank you for your imput Ma'am, Sir.  We have open bay showeres, we have 30 minutes to get 40 cadets through those showers.   Little Johnny is just going to have to grow up.

People are going to complain about any and everything.  One of our jobs as leaders is to stand up to their complaints and press on.

CAP is a volunteer organisation.  If Mr. and Mrs. Littlejohnny have a problem....then they can take their cadet home.   
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: lordmonar on June 10, 2011, 12:41:20 AM
Thank you for your imput Ma'am, Sir.  We have open bay showeres, we have 30 minutes to get 40 cadets through those showers.   Little Johnny is just going to have to grow up.

People are going to complain about any and everything.  One of our jobs as leaders is to stand up to their complaints and press on.

CAP is a volunteer organisation.  If Mr. and Mrs. Littlejohnny have a problem....then they can take their cadet home.

While I was at encampment this past week (Got back this afternoon) I noticed about 2/5 cadets showered nude (I know this because there were five 'slots'). 3/5 cadets would have a problem with what your saying. Besides, the females and seniors get private showers here at Camp swift TX.

DC

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on July 03, 2011, 12:58:32 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 10, 2011, 12:41:20 AM

While I was at encampment this past week (Got back this afternoon) I noticed about 2/5 cadets showered nude (I know this because there were five 'slots'). 3/5 cadets would have a problem with what your saying. Besides, the females and seniors get private showers here at Camp swift TX.
99/100 (probably more) would adapt and overcome if not given the option.

UpstateSAR

This thread is like the energizer bunny: and going and going and going and going

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Extremepredjudice

It won't die if people necro.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

NIN

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 16, 2012, 12:27:01 AM
It won't die if people necro.

should be called a "zombie" thread.. It lives beyond death.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

UpstateSAR

The only difference between this thread and a zombie thread is that after two attempts to kill a zombie thread it dies. 

Eclipse

It was dead, until you resurrected it.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: UpstateSAR on January 15, 2012, 08:53:36 PM
This thread is like the energizer bunny: and going and going and going and going

You think that this is a long one, view some of the longest ones, usually about uniforms. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340