Problem Uploading Cadet Promotions and Test Scores to SIMS

Started by capip1998, May 29, 2014, 01:05:36 PM

capip1998

I've recently been given the task of getting our squadron admin files up to date after a couple of years of non-maintenance. We used to use SIMS and I downloaded it again and am in the process of getting all the information updated. This is necessary for us since we are lacking a permanent home right now. There is a function built in now that will supposedly upload test score data and cadet promotion data directly from CAPWATCH files. However, this function does not work for me. It shows me a message acknowledging that there are 600+ rows of data to be updated, but when I hit the "UPDATE SIMS" button it asks me to confirm updating only 1 row and even then when I hit yes it loops the same question over and over. The end result when I look in the master records is that nothing has been updated.

I really don't want to manually update hundreds of rows of data and I'm hopeful that I may simply be missing something. Has anyone experienced this as well? I'm using v5.4 beta 5 and have downloaded it twice to ensure it's not a corrupt download issue.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I've not used a recent version of SIMS, but this sounds like an issue with MS Access. (I used to support it) Access can be set to require
confirmation of each row updated.

Try Goggle on Microsoft Access {your version} update query settings

Ex Microsoft Access 2007 update query settings

NC Hokie

I believe that you need to turn off record change confirmation.  The exact process for doing this varies depending on which version of Access you have, but in Access 2010, that option is found at File - Options - Client Settings.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Pingree1492

What version of Access are you using?  The original program was written using the 2003 version of Access.  When I was heavily using this, I couldn't run the program correctly on the 2007 version- I had a lot of errors on the CAPWATCH upload, among other things.

I've been out of the loop CAP-wise for a few years, so not sure if this issue has been fixed in the meantime.  If it hasn't, then you'll need to see if you can run the program using the outdated file type.

On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)