Cadet Advisory Council

Started by NJcadet, August 11, 2012, 01:59:42 AM

NJcadet

So I've been thinking about CAC lately, and I was wondering just what it was. I hear about cadets who are in it and who like it but what is it and how does one get into CAC?

Thanks

SamFranklin

CAC is your opportunity to learn about the "advisory" business, the idea that a handful of representative cadets can have a voice in making their program better.

CAC also illustrates the principle that good leaders (wing commanders) turn to lower ranking people (cadets) for advice on how to solve problems because people at the "bottom" of a team know stuff that people at the "top" don't.

CAC means learning how to lead in a committee setting, which is a good skill to acquire for life. Think of it as something like a student council for the Cadet Program.

At this point in your cadet experience, as a C/SSgt you're not quite ready for CAC (reps are supposed to be cadet officers), but you can start to check out "CAC stuff" simply by talking with your squadron rep and asking him or her what CAC is up to. And if you decide to make becoming a CAC rep a personal goal, great, keep working toward your Mitchell Award.

Also, check this out:
http://capmembers.com/cadet_programs/library/cadet_advisory_councils/index.cfm

HGjunkie

Reps at the lower levels (Squadron to group or squadron to wing I believe) can be any grade from C/Amn up.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF