This should be interesting...

Started by Greg, May 06, 2005, 05:26:26 PM

Greg

Quote from: My Question to the KnowledgebaseDear Knowledgebase,
I have a question about a conflict between the uniform manual and one of the Knowledgebase answers. CAPM 39-1, Section 1-1 states:

"COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PUBLICATION IS MANDATORY. Any variation from this publication is not authorized.
Items not listed in this publication are not authorized for wear. NOTE: CAPMart may sell items
that are not authorized for wear with the USAF–style or CAP distinctive uniforms. This
publication is the sole source for wear instructions and authorized items for various uniform
combinations as prescribed within."

However, the Knowledgebase states that the First Sergeant's Diamond is authorized because CAPR 52-16, Section 1-2 authorizes the Cadet First Sergeant as a Cadet Staff position. I know that if the Knowledgebase says a C/CCF may wear the diamond, it must be authorized. However, I have read through all of CAPM 39-1 and I haven't been able to find any clause that authorizes the diamond. If you could clear this up for me I would be greatly appreciative.

Sincerely,
GREGORY P. BOYAJIAN, C/Capt, CAP
Cadet Commander
NJWG Basic Encampment '05

I'm awaiting their answer...
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

flying Raptor

Off topic: I didn't want to start a new post on this, but are camel-baks in the regulation? I have looked through it and can't find it. I always thought they weren't really allowed but everyone thought it was a stupid rule and no one follows it.
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. -Murphy's laws

MIKE

Quote from: flying Raptor on May 06, 2005, 10:34:51 PM
Off topic: I didn't want to start a new post on this, but are camel-baks in the regulation? I have looked through it and can't find it. I always thought they weren't really allowed but everyone thought it was a stupid rule and no one follows it.

Yes.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 2-5. Clothing/Accessory Standards17 "Camel Pack" Water
Containers
Authorized for use with CAP field uniform or BDU only, in hot
weather conditions, with or without built-in backpack. Will be black,
brown, or camouflaged.
Mike Johnston