Main Menu

NCO Leadership School

Started by sergeant_park, November 24, 2015, 01:12:45 AM

sergeant_park

Does anyone know the Chain of Command at NCO Leadership School? I've been offered a position at NH Winter NCOLS and I don't know if I should take it, depending on what in entails and how qualified I am for the job, I don't want to ruin any cadets' experiences. The position is Training and Evaluation Officer. Some questions about it:

• What does it entail?
  • Line or support staff?
  • Where is it on the Chain of Command?
Thank you.
Michael J Park, C/CMSgt, CAP

PA Guy

The best answer will come from the NH folks since it is a NHWG specific activity.

lordmonar

The best place to ask is the NCOLS project officer or your wing Cadet Programs Officer.

At a guess....the Training and Evaluation Officer would be they guy who monitors the training and evaluates the students.   I would think that it includes grading tests, written papers and speeches if any.   It probably would include developing the grading criteria for all the areas that the students are going to be evaluated in.

A position with a duty title such as Training and Eval would be a staff position and as such would not be in the chain of command.  However he/she may have a staff to assist him/her and would ergo have subordinates and would be in their chain of command.

Again...this is just my guess on the duty title.   The place to get the real answer if from the NCOLS director.

PA guy beat me to it!

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Huey Driver

Howdy Chief,

Should you accept the position, you'll be my direct subordinate. I'll be able to answer your questions to some extent, shortly. I've had a long day and haven't had the time to email you and your encampment counterpart yet. Lordmonar pretty much hit the mark though.

Hopefully once I describe to you the details and responsibilities of your position, you'll find that line/support is irrelevant as is placement in the chain of command. Those factors shouldn't be determinants of whether or not you accept the position. But to give you ease of mind, I assure you that you're qualified for the position.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...