Some questions involving Blue Beret and leadership schools

Started by onetimeoneplace, March 09, 2010, 02:32:07 AM

onetimeoneplace

Hello,

I have applied to go to NBB (National Blue Beret) this summer, however, at my wing's NCSA review board, my squadron commander gave me an signed paper application, for which I was not asked for in the review board process (I already applied via eServices, and I have not received a single e-mail or phone call regarding the matter). There's only a week left, so what am I supposed to do with the application?

Also, is it possible to attend a leadership school in a different region (I'm too young for Cadet Officer School, and I have a major conflict with the NER leadership school)?
C/Capt Isaac McDermott, CAP
PAWG Basic Encampment 2009, Staff 2011 (PAO), Staff 2013 (Inspections)
Pennsylvania Wing
Tri-Wing Encampment Staff 2013 (Public Affairs OIC)
GTM3, UDF, MRO, FLM
NJWG RCLS 2010
Mitchell #60963
National Blue Beret 2010 + 2012, SUPTFC-MS 2012
Earhart #15947
Cadet Officer School 2013

CadetProgramGuy

Yes it is possible.  Although I don;t know the official means to do it.  I believe that you have to submit your application through the chain of command up to the Wing Commander for approval of attending a CAP activity out of the wing.

I think.....

a2capt

Generally attending in another Wing means the Wing CC's get involved.

What I would do is contact the project officer and explain the situation, see if the slot is available and you meet prerequisites, and you know you can get there. You'll probably be asked to submit the application the same way as anyone else except maybe mail it someplace else, and the Wing CC or designee will sign off on it. There's really no reason for them not to short of availability depending on registration of the typical audience anyway.

Edit:Use the right word in the right place instead of the wrong word, but spelled right at least.