Main Menu

CAP PD Tracker

Started by Holding Pattern, June 15, 2019, 06:32:27 PM

Holding Pattern

I've developed this sheet as a way of tracking items not in e-services such as FEMA training and Specialty Track progression. It is one of the components for my squadron's upcoming electronic membership file system.

Please let me know what you think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F7_3csE0vty2Ab6GsTq_dzOW9U1L2KyH-3z9TKa4cvs/edit?usp=sharing

etodd

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Holding Pattern

If you have to ask why, you are not the target demographic.

MSG Mac

Looks more like an ES/ICS Training Tracker
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

+1 I see a lot of classes that have nothing to do with CAP
and don't need tracking.

As to specialty track tasks, those should
be on the pamphlet checklist.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 15, 2019, 08:10:06 PM
Looks more like an ES/ICS Training Tracker
It has more than one tab.

baronet68

Quote from: Holding Pattern on June 15, 2019, 06:32:27 PM

I like how it has all the specialty track tasks listed in a single list. Much easier than a collection of worksheets or pamphlets.

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Holding Pattern

Quote from: baronet68 on June 15, 2019, 10:17:12 PM
Quote from: Holding Pattern on June 15, 2019, 06:32:27 PM

I like how it has all the specialty track tasks listed in a single list. Much easier than a collection of worksheets or pamphlets.

Future version plan includes a tab to show completion rates for PD progressions and FEMA progression chains. I'm also playing with commenting permission chains so that we can get mentors to sign off with commented approval that is verifiable by wing.

In a team drive setup, we should be able to allow commanders to monitor PD progression beyond just track completion.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on June 15, 2019, 08:45:03 PM
+1 I see a lot of classes that have nothing to do with CAP
and don't need tracking.

A lot of classes that had no CAP purpose eventually got into CAP, like COML for example. It's best to push ahead and not wait for CAP. See also our sUAS program!
As to specialty track tasks, those should
be on the pamphlet checklist.

Checklists that regularly get lost, misplaced, worked through by multiple mentors, etc. and then discarded upon completion rather than being put in the member file. This goes in the member e-file and doesn't get lost, misplaced, is able to track multiple mentor sign-offs, and is retained upon completion.

coudano

I use a google sheet that is essentially the cadet superchart except for senior member professional development (i.e. the requirements of level 1-5).  It's pretty sweet, however it has to be updated/maintained manually, which is kind of a drag.  If only there were such a dashboard automatically available in e-services.

xyzzy

As a notary and computer engineer, I've been interested in the topic of multiple electronic signatures to one document, and the order in which they can occur. My observations:

• Few computer professionals understand this
  • No off-the-shelf software packages fully support it
  • It's beyond the ability of lawmakers to understand
  • Explaining it to CAP members would be far more complicated than learning to use eServices
  • National headquarters does not authorize CAP members, acting in their CAP roles, to obtain the necessary digital certificates