Main Menu

As a goof...

Started by NIN, August 27, 2019, 08:47:36 PM

NIN

Our LG people are replacing the chairs in our wing HQ this week.  We were looking for some help (no, not any of you) to get the chairs out of the building and down to the transfer station, which is literally about 2/3 of a mile down the hill from wing HQ, so I put an email out to the wing to see if anybody was willing to help out (putting chairs into a pickup and driving down to the transfer station). In an effort to get people to pay attention to the email requesting help, I included this:

Well, I got a reaction all right.  Looks like LG has a few helpers.

And no safety brief apart from the obvious expected ORM brief prior to moving chairs.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

James Shaw

Quote from: NIN on August 27, 2019, 08:47:36 PM
Our LG people are replacing the chairs in our wing HQ this week.  We were looking for some help (no, not any of you) to get the chairs out of the building and down to the transfer station, which is literally about 2/3 of a mile down the hill from wing HQ, so I put an email out to the wing to see if anybody was willing to help out (putting chairs into a pickup and driving down to the transfer station). In an effort to get people to pay attention to the email requesting help, I included this:

Well, I got a reaction all right.  Looks like LG has a few helpers.

And no safety brief apart from the obvious expected ORM brief prior to moving chairs.

People like this keep me employed. :)
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

PHall

So if he wears a helmet and a vest he's good to go? >:D

coudano

and a reflective belt, of course

arajca

Quote from: coudano on August 28, 2019, 01:07:17 AM
and a reflective belt, of course
All will be revealed in the mandatory Office Chair Moving Safety Education, Vol XII

NC Hokie

You got a link to a bigger version of that meme?  Asking for a friend...
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

JacobAnn

Wonder what direction he is going.  Looks like he's facing uphill.

Live2Learn

Quote from: JacobAnn on August 29, 2019, 11:36:18 AM

As is often the case, victims of self created disasters back into their own doom.  Perhaps he recognized he'd really "done it" this time and took a peek to gain insights into how bad the crash might be. 

Send flowers.  The outcome was preordained.   :o

NIN

Quote from: JacobAnn on August 29, 2019, 11:36:18 AM

Gravity clearly dictates his direction of travel absent any external power sources.

#AerospaceEducationInAction
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

I think he might have been aerodynamically oriented before the picture was taken. In any event, that's gonna leave a mark.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

James Shaw

I would title this "Chairman of the Really Bored"
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Luis R. Ramos

Do not give him ideas or the next photo will be 4 or 5 more cadets or seniors following him. Ie, the rest of the board / bored!
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

Turns out one of our wing guys had the pickup loaded and at the transfer station by 7am (opened at 8). And two more loads done by 10.

I'm about to stop by headquarters right now to see our new sexy chairs.

(Driving past the transfer station, whole pile of office chairs there. I wonder where those came from?)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP