Hurricane Harvey Response

Started by TXCAP, September 04, 2017, 01:51:44 AM

stillamarine

Any officer working a shelter is not going to be called away. That is their assigned post and they will not be subject to calls outside of said post. Also they are generally officers that have been called in or held over from their shifts. Trust me I was almost one today  8)
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Luis R. Ramos

Speaking of shelters, I read this. Moderators, please allow for a little diversion from the OP.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hurricane-irma-florida-sheriff-who-threatened-arrests-at-shelters-is-sued/ar-AArIRS4?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

In it he implies that shelters in Florida are opened without due regard for gender and/or age. He states having a potential sex offender lying right next to a child.

How are shelters handled at other states? As far as you have seen?

In New York City the shelters opened by OEM may not face such problem. The managers set up a classroom or more if needed for families. Others for adult males. Others for female adults.

I do not see a sex offender getting close to a child here.

And the same could be done for CAP volunteers! One for male cadets. Another for female cadets. And another for senior members. Or the seniors can sleep in the adult by gender rooms...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer