Main Menu

"Soft" launch of eservices

Started by MacGruff, June 23, 2014, 11:35:14 PM

paul83814

Seems like the "new" eServices is basically reorganization of the main page.
Which is fine since most of the functionality should be familiar.
Paul Brand, Capt CAP
Personnel & Admin Officer, IT Officer, Asst. Comm. Officer
Coeur d Alene Composite Squadron

"The best portion of a good man's life is the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love." --William Wordsworth

Cadetter

Wright Brothers Award, 2013
Billy Mitchell Award, 2016
Earhart Award, 2018

TexasCadet

I checked the new version of eServices; my first response was "Meh. It looks okay." The squadron statistics feature is interesting, to say the least. I think I'll try it for a few days and see how I like all of it.

Update: I tried looking at some stuff, like my training qualifications, and I got taken to a page with the old eServices look. Guess they haven't quite updated everything.

Cadetter

I've been running into some broken links. It looks sort of pretty to me.
Earhart Award, 2018

Tim Medeiros

Please report any broken links to the help desk, or even here and I'll pass it along.

A feature you all may not have discovered about the Statistics widget is if you click on the icon at the top right of it, you can expand the timeframe and even look at different units.

Quote from: TexasCadet on June 25, 2014, 09:29:33 PM
Update: I tried looking at some stuff, like my training qualifications, and I got taken to a page with the old eServices look. Guess they haven't quite updated everything.
The facelift so far has only extended to the main page.  If I recall from when I was first introduced to this, the plan is to migrate each application in time.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Cadetter

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 25, 2014, 09:42:54 PM
Please report any broken links to the help desk, or even here and I'll pass it along.

I have (reported them to the help desk).
Earhart Award, 2018

TexasCadet

A feature you all may not have discovered about the Statistics widget is if you click on the icon at the top right of it, you can expand the timeframe and even look at different units.

The facelift so far has only extended to the main page.  If I recall from when I was first introduced to this, the plan is to migrate each application in time.

For the statistics page, are they planning to put the members names and e-mail addresses on like the old version?

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: TexasCadet on June 25, 2014, 10:08:09 PM

For the statistics page, are they planning to put the members names and e-mail addresses on like the old version?
Last I heard, there are plans for another widget to have the current stats (instead of the latest being the end of the previous month), likely with links to the email gathering page.
1577/2811

Nikos

I was "selected to test the new eservices", feel like I hit the lottery!!!  But, not a bad start as I find my way around the new eservices. 

a2capt

I think that screen is from when they were actually selecting people. Now everyone sees it. ;)
I'm not thrilled with it, have to re-arrange stuff. I actually don't like all the stuff hidden. Some things are not where you'd think to look at first.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: a2capt on July 07, 2014, 07:29:48 PM
I think that screen is from when they were actually selecting people. Now everyone sees it. ;)
I'm not thrilled with it, have to re-arrange stuff. I actually don't like all the stuff hidden. Some things are not where you'd think to look at first.
If you could send me a list (email or PM is fine) of what is not intuitive with the locations of certain items I'll be glad to send it forward.
1577/2811

Devil Doc

Where do you find you Qualifications on the new E Services?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Tim Medeiros

If you don't have access to the restricted OpsQuals, you can click on the trophy icon near your name at the top of the page and then click on "Qualifications".
1577/2811

Devil Doc

Not there, I had to go under the reports tab.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 08, 2014, 05:31:51 PM
Not there, I had to go under the reports tab.
You do not have the trophy icon, or the qualifications link?  If you don't have the qualification link, what shows when you click the icon?
1577/2811

Devil Doc

I dont have the trophy Icon, or atleast this computer dosnt show it. I click on reports, operations qualifications, etc.

Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Devil Doc on July 08, 2014, 05:49:56 PM
I dont have the trophy Icon, or atleast this computer dosnt show it. I click on reports, operations qualifications, etc.
Would you be able to send me an image of what you see on your screen for eServices?
1577/2811

umpirecali

Capt Chris Cali, CAP
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander for Cadets

Heavy Flying Guy

This is basically national's way of teaching cadets that things can always get worse.
"We...are the CAP! We'll always save the day! And if you think we can't, we'll always find a way!"

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: FuturePilot5479 on July 15, 2014, 12:24:16 AM
This is basically national's way of teaching cadets that things can always get worse.

If you could qualify your comment qnd post your specific complaints, I'd be glad to pass them along.
1577/2811