the ultimate 24 hour pack meal

Started by swya, February 20, 2007, 02:58:24 AM

swya

what do you carry, if its store bought, where did you buy it annd if its home made, what's our recipe.I'm excited to see and try what you guys have and in maybe a week or two ill nominate the top meal!!!!!!!!!!
c/a1c James Collins- age 13
nellis cadet squadron- nvo69
my myspace is www.myspace.com/swya

desert rat

Chilli, the ultimate food.  Sports stores dehydrated, but good old Hormel in a can is great.

Also pork & beans in a can is a must have for a long event.

swya

haha very funny come on i want to hear some more

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

swya

the only thing bad with that is the taste Bada Boom but you have a shot at being the winner

Chris Jacobs

I carry top romen.  It probably isn't the best but it is so light and easy to pack that i like it.  It can easily be eaten with out cooking.  on top of that it has the seasoning inside that i really like.  by the way did i mention that it is dirt cheep.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

afgeo4

I carry MRE entrees. They take up much less space than the entire meal, and offer the bulk of the calories of the meal. I also carry a bunch of granola bars, beef jerky, and fruit & nut mix. Oh yeah, I take some Sanka and sugar packets with me too... Hot coffee in the field makes you great friends, but caffeine isn't such a good idea.
GEORGE LURYE

DNall

Hmm, that's a good idea. One full MRE & strip down a few more to just entrees. That's not bad at all. I've done the canned stuff a for SaREx's, but I wouldn't really want to pack the extra weight around if I didn't have to.

Al Sayre

I have recently started carrying Uncle Ben's and Zataran's(sp?) Heat and serve rice packs.  It's made for the microwave but also can be heated in your canteen cup, just add a little water.  I also carry small cans of chicken meat (or foil packs if I can get) them to throw in with the rice.  MMMM good.  Beats heck out of those Meals Rejected by Ethiopians.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Becks

I carry a couple sets of MREs and few cans of ravioli since it tastes exactly the same cold.

Heh MRE...I liked what CW4 Durant said those meant.  :angel:

BBATW

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

swya

there's some good meals here (except for the mre's)

Major Lord

MRE- Three lies for the price of one!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

afgeo4

I dunno why you're all putting down MREs... they're 100% natural with no preservatives. Contain a heck of a lot of calories per pound and still taste like a human meal. Add that to the fact that they have shelf lives of YEARS and that they can be consumed without heating and you have an amazingly convenient and sometimes even tasty rations. MREs are made for sustaining energy levels and nutritional requirements for the warfighter on a long-term basis and thgy do so quite well. They also don't hurt your back like metal cans in a bag do.
GEORGE LURYE

Becks

Hey now, I never said I didn't like MRE's...granted there are some menus I would prefer to not get, but overall they are fine with me.  Keep in mind they have been improved over the years, so what you get now isn't nearly as bad as what used to be in them, especially if they haven't been stored properly.

BBATW

CLB

Yeah, like those three boxes you and I have that harbor dead crickets in the bottom. 
Capt Christopher Bishop
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron

flyerthom

Quote from: desert rat on February 20, 2007, 03:01:20 AM
Chilli, the ultimate food.  Sports stores dehydrated, but good old Hormel in a can is great.

Also pork & beans in a can is a must have for a long event.

Stuff works good for sinus headaches too. You can actually taste it and it seems to open the nasal passages. It's comfort food when you're cold wet and miserable. HOt chocolate is also a necessity.
TC

swya

hot chocalate, nice that i'll have to try
it seems that flyerthom is in the lead