Cadetstuff Login Request in CAPTalk Thread

Started by ♠SARKID♠, June 26, 2012, 07:32:57 PM

♠SARKID♠

I got this Cadetstuff login request when I opened up the "In Search Of: Radio Gear Bag" thread in Tools of the Trade.

Not sure what's up with that.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Pylon

It's because an image on at least one member's signature block is hosted on the cadetstuff.org server.  Normally it would appear to be a publicly accessible image, but since they're going through server rebuilds right now it's very possible that the server returned a different response than usual to the request for that image.  Probably will resolve itself when cadetstuff.org's servers are back and functioning normally.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

a2capt

A great example as to why images should be hosted on image hosting sites, or web services that are meant for hosting, and forum links should be used from within the forum only.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: a2capt on June 26, 2012, 07:53:40 PM
A great example as to why images should be hosted on image hosting sites, or web services that are meant for hosting, and forum links should be used from within the forum only.
This.

Use imgur...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

planenut767

I keep getting that same message on a bunch of different topic threads I keep opening up. Is there a fix for this?

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: planenut767 on June 26, 2012, 07:55:32 PM
I keep getting that same message on a bunch of different topic threads I keep opening up. Is there a fix for this?
The admins could remove the image from whoever's signature...

Edit: It is SARDragon's signature.

He has http://www.cadetstuff.org/images/nin/brand_dilution.jpg in his signature.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Pylon

Quote from: planenut767 on June 26, 2012, 07:55:32 PM

Any user can turn off viewing member signatures by going to this account settings panel and checking "Don't show users' signatures" and then clicking the "Change Profile" button at bottom right.

Here:  http://captalk.net/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Struts

If you hit cancel then you can proceed on to your reading, but you will just miss SarDragon's picture of the right CAP emblem and the TTT.

Extremepredjudice

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sK8sU.jpg[/IMG]

Same thing, just on Imgur.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

SarDragon

OK, I took the image link out of my sig. It was hosted on CS, and the whole site is down right now.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Hasn't the triangle deal run its course?  It appears to be dead.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on June 26, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
Hasn't the triangle deal run its course?  It appears to be dead.
That, and you are preaching to the choir...

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor