Civil Air Patrol Safety Patch

Started by ghost22, July 10, 2018, 02:24:43 AM

ghost22

What does a cadet need to do to be authorized to wear the Civil Air Patrol Safety Patch?  I heard that they just needed to complete all the safety tests on the LMS.

BraveRifles19D

CAPR 62-1 states "h. Safety Patch - A safety specialty patch is approved for wear with the Civil Air Patrol
uniform. To qualify for the safety patch, the member must complete the specialty track
requirements for the safety rating as described in CAPP 217. The safety patch is the same for all
levels of specialty track achievements. Placement of the patch on the AF-Style BDU, flight
coverall, corporate utility uniform, field uniform and flight coverall is described in CAPM 39-1."

This would mean that it is a senior member patch.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Gunsotsu

Quote from: BraveRifles19D on July 10, 2018, 02:55:00 AM
CAPR 62-1 states "h. Safety Patch - A safety specialty patch is approved for wear with the Civil Air Patrol
uniform. To qualify for the safety patch, the member must complete the specialty track
requirements for the safety rating as described in CAPP 217. The safety patch is the same for all
levels of specialty track achievements. Placement of the patch on the AF-Style BDU, flight
coverall, corporate utility uniform, field uniform and flight coverall is described in CAPM 39-1."

This would mean that it is a senior member patch.

No, the guidelines in CAPP 217 spell out why it's a SM only patch.

darkmatter

Does this patch have a place in eservices like the emergence services patch where I can go and add it to my online record?

Gunsotsu

Nope. Your Tech Rating is what qualifies wear.