Main Menu

The AF has a new motto

Started by vmstan, October 07, 2010, 11:13:05 PM

vmstan

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123225546

QuoteIncorporating extensive inputs from all ranks and career fields in the development effort, Airmen have selected "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win" as the service's motto.

An enduring statement of Airmen's pride in their service, the motto is a two-part expression -- a call to action, with a response of commitment.

"The call and the response are two sides of the same coin," said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz. "Airmen indicated 'Aim High' and the response 'Fly-Fight-Win' as indicative of their enduring commitment to do just that in defense of our nation."

It almost sounds like something CAP could have come up with. At least our official motto sounds professional.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

IceNine

That does sound a little fight song-y

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DC

I could deal with one or the other, but making it a two part statement just seems, I don't know, off.

Fly, fight and win is already in common usage in the Air Force, and it sums up their air dominance and strike role pretty well. Kinda leaves the space and cyber guys hanging though, IMHO.

Personally I have always been fond of 'kill people and break their stuff', but somehow I don't see that finding its way to a recruiting commercial.  >:D

coudano

Quote from: the mission of the usaf
fly, fight, and win in air, space, and cyberspace

MIKE

These things we do, that others may die.
Mike Johnston

DakRadz

:clap:

That... That took me a minute. I swear, if I'd my water when I read that, I'd be sending you a bill sir. :D

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

MSG Mac

"Bomb Them Back to the Stone Age" -Curtis LeMAy 1965
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

"Carpe Per Diem",  Official Motto of the 744th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron

raivo

QuoteIncorporating extensive inputs from all ranks and career fields

It's official, I'm surrounded by tools. :(

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."