Here's an Aerospace Education moment for you

Started by flyguy06, February 06, 2007, 10:54:36 PM

O-Rex

Yeouch, not exactly a "giant leap for NASA." Gus & Ed must be turning over in their graves. But you gotta admit, it's alot more juicy than the Apollo 15/Stamp-thing. . . .

This is just the stuff that went public: In their books, both Tom Wolfe and John Glenn made mention that the Mercury Seven were not exactly choir-boys: can you imagine the wild times that they had?

Heard that Jack Swigert was a ladies man.  Gene Cernan was married at the time, but he was kind of a wild man, in his bio "Last Man on the Moon," there's a pic of him with Barbara Eden (and she's in costume too!!) talk about life imitating art: "Oh, Master!"

That was the life: flying, cool wardrobe, babes, and all the freeze-dried neopolitan ice-cream you could eat! 

DNall

Now if she couldn't buy a firearm (which I'm not entirely sure if if it's a misdemeanor), how would they know that except that she had a federal conviction for a crime involving violence. A state misdemeanor assualt charge I don't know if that'd stay in the system forever, but federal I think would cause a hit. Course I'm infavor of more thurough background checks myself.

Quote from: BillB on February 11, 2007, 09:43:56 PM
Who would give a form 5 ride to earn astronaut wings. And can you imagine what National would require to earn them?
Always with the jokers. Honorary thing for NASA rated astronauts working with the CAP cadet program & given aloing with AE membership.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: DNall on February 12, 2007, 04:11:54 AM
Now if she couldn't buy a firearm (which I'm not entirely sure if if it's a misdemeanor), how would they know that except that she had a federal conviction for a crime involving violence. A state misdemeanor assualt charge I don't know if that'd stay in the system forever, but federal I think would cause a hit. Course I'm infavor of more thurough background checks myself.

Quote from: BillB on February 11, 2007, 09:43:56 PM
Who would give a form 5 ride to earn astronaut wings. And can you imagine what National would require to earn them?
Always with the jokers. Honorary thing for NASA rated astronauts working with the CAP cadet program & given aloing with AE membership.

Firearm purchases are denied to convicted felons and persons convicted of misdemeanors if they are "Offenses of violence."

I THINK she will plea to assault, but I'm not in touch with her lawyer.  That's just based on 25 years on the street and in court.  There are other pleas that could result from this, especially if she is administratively discharged or resigns in lieu of elimination.  Being forced out of your career can be used as leverage with the court to negotiate an even lesser offense.
Another former CAP officer