Main Menu

Woodland BDU

Started by CAPDCCMOM, May 03, 2015, 01:36:57 AM

CAPDCCMOM

I am looking for a source for BDU uniforms. Around my area, they are becoming as rare as the unicorn. What I have been able to find are very expensive, over $100 for a complete set. For many of my Cadets, this is very expensive. With Encampments, O flights, and ES exercises, that my cadets are very interested in, this is a necessary uniform. Thanks.

THRAWN

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on May 03, 2015, 01:36:57 AM
I am looking for a source for BDU uniforms. Around my area, they are becoming as rare as the unicorn. What I have been able to find are very expensive, over $100 for a complete set. For many of my Cadets, this is very expensive. With Encampments, O flights, and ES exercises, that my cadets are very interested in, this is a necessary uniform. Thanks.

www.armysurplusworld.com
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

PA Guy

I've had good luck with BDU.com. Also try Super Trooper, Trooper Joe and Cavalry Store. Don't expect cheap.

LTC Don

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on May 03, 2015, 01:36:57 AM

eBay continues to be a source for inexpensive woodland bdu surplus, but as you state, becoming more scarce.

Tacticalgear.com (formerly bdu.com), has always had BDUs for ~$60.00/set + patrol cap and they have good service.

There are many other online sources.

Stay away from Rothco branded items.

If the squadrons choose, they can become the supplier by buying from the cheapest, high-quality vendor they can, and then the member(s) can buy direct from the squadron.  This helps guarantee uniformity, and also helps reduce stress on the part of the parents having to try to find the stuff at the best prices.

We try to  help where we can, but we are not obligated to.  It's a cost of membership that is also tax deductible, and should be figured in when a prospective cadet expresses interest.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

CAPDCCMOM

Thank you for the tips. I really appreciate it.