Main Menu

Go Bag

Started by greenmountainboy, January 05, 2015, 05:10:45 AM

greenmountainboy

Hello,

What would you all recommend for a good go bag?  I'm looking for one that is ridged or semi ridged and approximately 24 x 12 x 12 with double zippers on each opening.  Black or dark grey, blue or green.  It would have enough inner and outer compartments to hold the large portable radio, DSLR camera and a couple of lenses, laptop and misc extra batteries, cables, chargers, hats, gloves and additional misc smalls.  Little or no logos and flashy colors.

Thanks in advance!

LSThiker

What purpose do you intend for this bag?  It sounds like a camera bag. There are plenty of hybrid camera backpacks that allow the storage of dslr, lenses, and other items such as gloves and hats.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

greenmountainboy

That would be a semi rigid bag.  Thank you.

This would be multi purpose to hold every I use including a camera and lenses.  I have a camera bag now but most camera bags are designed for cameras, lenses.  They don't usually have room for a laptop.  I have an old camera hard case that I use now but it's heavy and I have to place my laptop over my camera and lenses, it's a tight fit and the possibility for damage to the equipment is there.  I have seen a couple at thrift stores that were close for $3.00 which is a great deal but they were not perfect and the bright colors and logos drove me away from them.

LSThiker

Quote from: greenmountainboy on January 05, 2015, 04:05:16 PM
That would be a semi rigid bag.  Thank you.

This would be multi purpose to hold every I use including a camera and lenses.  I have a camera bag now but most camera bags are designed for cameras, lenses.  They don't usually have room for a laptop.  I have an old camera hard case that I use now but it's heavy and I have to place my laptop over my camera and lenses, it's a tight fit and the possibility for damage to the equipment is there.  I have seen a couple at thrift stores that were close for $3.00 which is a great deal but they were not perfect and the bright colors and logos drove me away from them.

Not any more.  I have purchased a few camera bag hybrids that have compartments for a laptop/tablet.  My current bag has a compartment for 2 lenses, dslr with 50mm lens attached, laptop (I have a 13" macbookpro but I usually put my iPad in it when I am traveling), an upper compartment that I have used for a lunch, rain jacket, mini tripods, and other items.

Of course, do not expect cheap.  You are looking at spending a minimum of $70 for a small one.  I think mine have typically cost $100+.