Flight Suit ES Patch

Started by FL169ESO, October 10, 2005, 09:57:42 AM

FL169ESO

Does anybody know where the ES patch goes on the flight suit?  It's described in 39-1 the same as the command patch (right breast).  Does that mean it's optional instead of the command patch?  I think it was probably intended to be worn on the pocket below the command patch though.  I think that would still be considered right breast, also.

BillB

I'd go direct to CAP Knowledgebase and ask. Get the "official" (at least this weeks) version of 39-1 and patches. So much of 39-1 is contradictory, that only National can give a valid answer
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Bluelakes 13

The ES patch, old style or new, is to be worn instead of the Command Patch.  Not only is 39-1 slightly ambiguous, but so is Answer #1223.  If it was in addition to the Command Patch, then a different location would have to be specified, which is not.

MIKE

Quote from: jkalemis on October 10, 2005, 03:44:26 PM
The ES patch, old style or new, is to be worn instead of the Command Patch.  Not only is 39-1 slightly ambiguous, but so is Answer #1223.  If it was in addition to the Command Patch, then a different location would have to be specified, which is not.

That's not what CAPM 39-1 says:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 6-4. Wear of Badges, Patches, and Devices on Flight Suits, BDUs, Utility Uniforms and Field
Uniforms.
8 Emergency Services Patch ... Flight suits/utility uniform: Centered on right breast pocket or corresponding position on
CAP/Air Force-style flight suits. ...

Whereas it says this for the CAP Command Patch:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 6-4. Wear of Badges, Patches, and Devices on Flight Suits, BDUs, Utility Uniforms and Field
Uniforms.
3 CAP Command Patch ... utility uniform and CAP flight suit: on the right breast. USAF flight suit: centered in seamless area above the right breast pocket. Flight jacket: when grade insignia is worn, the Command Patch is worn in the corresponding area.

In other words, you wear the command patch above the right breast pocket and should you so choose you may wear the Emergency Services patch centered on the right breast pocket. 

Why would anybody want to wear either ES patch on a nice new zoom bag?  They are ugly on any authorized uniform IMO.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Quote from: MIKE on October 10, 2005, 04:22:15 PM

That's not what CAPM 39-1 says:

Uniforms.
8 Emergency Services Patch ... Flight suits/utility uniform: Centered on right breast pocket or corresponding position on
CAP/Air Force-style flight suits. ...

Whereas it says this for the CAP Command Patch:

Uniforms.
3 CAP Command Patch ... utility uniform and CAP flight suit: on the right breast. USAF flight suit: centered in seamless area above the right breast pocket. Flight jacket: when grade insignia is worn, the Command Patch is worn in the corresponding area.

In other words, you wear the command patch above the right breast pocket and should you so choose you wear may wear the Emergency Services patch centered on the right breast pocket. 

Why would anybody want to wear either ES patch on a nice new zoom bag?  They are ugly on any authorized uniform IMO.

ditto on all counts

FL169ESO

Thanks Gentlemen, it appears I overlooked table 6-4.  I certainly don't like that patch on a flight suit either, but the question was posed to me as the ES Officer.  There's no accounting for taste in 39-1, I don't suppose.   :P

Pylon

Quote from: FL169ESOThere's no accounting for taste in 39-1, I don't suppose.   :P

Sadly, no.   :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP