Wearing USAF Earned Occupational Badges on BDUs (Subdued or Ultramarine Blue)

Started by USAFRiggerGuy, April 03, 2015, 04:42:05 PM

USAFRiggerGuy

Just called 1800 name tapes and they said they couldn't do them for me... WTH!  >:(
Michael Orcutt, 1Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Broomfield Composite Squadron
RMR-CO-099
Proud USAF Veteran (SSgt)

kwe1009

USAFRiggerGuy

Quote from: kwe1009 on April 24, 2015, 09:25:41 PM
Quote from: USAFRiggerGuy on April 24, 2015, 07:57:22 PM
Just called 1800 name tapes and they said they couldn't do them for me... WTH!  >:(

Have you tried https://www.nametags4u.com/civilairpatrol/ ?

That is actually who I went with.  I have three badges so with shipping it was about $30  :o ... But I only bought one set and will mostly wear the BDUs to meetings.  I wish I could have gone with 1800 nametapes because they were about half the price!
Michael Orcutt, 1Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Broomfield Composite Squadron
RMR-CO-099
Proud USAF Veteran (SSgt)

NorCal21

Well another option for you guys is Uniform Nametape (http://www.uniformnametape.com).

Now I've not used them in a few years but I can tell you they were cheaper than any of the pages listed.

Here's who they are... they are right outside the MacDill AFB main gate. They serve military personnel from all five branches daily (I've seen it personally), and they also work with foreign military personnel. When I used to be the XO for the 7th District Material Center at USCG Air Station Clearwater we used to place bulk orders with them all the time. Never had a problem except once where they sent us Colonel/Captain birds all facing the same way.

They didn't use to charge anything extra for embroidering your military insignia on the ultramarine and white material. They said they already had the pattern and it was simply a matter of running it through the machine with the correct colors. They may charge more now but I saw someone say they were being charged $30 for shipping and three devices. These guys can probably do it all for $10 to $15.

At the very least it's another option.