Main Menu

BDU Cover

Started by Pulsar, November 12, 2013, 07:39:23 PM

Are you happy with your BDU cover or if it was up to you, would you change the standard cover?

I like my BDU cover or baseball cap.
I think we should have orange baseball hats with our unit number on the front. (Like PA wing's standard cover)
I think squadron commanders should be able to choose the color and type hats we wear.
Caps...? We should have berets!
We should have marine covers.
Us sergeants should be able to wear smokey bears'.
Why wear a cover anyway?
Other? (And post why)
I'm in PAWG so I have to wear the godawful orange caps but I really wish I didn't

Pulsar

One cadet I know wants to change the orange covers of PAWG to orange or rust colored berets.  ::) I wouldn't like that because first of all they are somewhat uncomfortable from what I hear and can be a hassle. I also get the idea that in the service, berets are worn by the more elite. I don't think we're elite. And I like the orange baseball hats. What are your thoughts?
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

arajca

1st point - the only color of beret authorized is blue. Ref CAPM39-1.

Pulsar

Quote from: arajca on November 12, 2013, 07:42:08 PM
1st point - the only color of beret authorized is blue. Ref CAPM39-1.
pretend there are no regs for covers.
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Eclipse

There's no point to this.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pulsar

Quote from: Eclipse on November 12, 2013, 07:48:47 PM
There's no point to this.
I know. Please bear with me. I just curios about peoples' opinions.  :D
C/LtCol Neutron Star

unmlobo

We do not wear covers we wear caps.  No where in 39-1 are hats mentioned as covers.  That being said I think that we should wear the BDU cap and be uniform.  If you go to a NCSA or Encampment then you wear that standardized headgear.  Events such as Blue Beret, HMRS, NESA, etc. are advanced learning courses and as such should be looked in similar fashion to wear of berets in the Air Force or Army (pre-2001); as symbols of advanced knowledge and held to higher standards.  There is no real world need for beret usage in general CAP use.  They are impractical and lack sun coverage, I will never understand cadet fascination with them.   
Major, CAP
HI WG

Pulsar

Quote from: unmlobo on November 12, 2013, 07:53:26 PM
We do not wear covers we wear hats.  No where in 39-1 are hats mentioned as covers.  That being said I think that we should wear the BDU hats and be uniform.  If you go to a NCSA or Encampment then you wear that standardized headgear.  Events such as Blue Beret, HMRS, NESA, etc. are advanced learning courses and as such should be looked in similar fashion to wear of berets in the Air Force or Army (pre-2001); as symbols of advanced knowledge and held to higher standards.  There is no real world need for beret usage in general CAP use.  They are impractical and lack sun coverage, I will never understand cadet fascination with them.
We think they look cool and like we are an "elite" group of people.
C/LtCol Neutron Star

Eclipse

Please tell us someone "hacked" your account.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on November 12, 2013, 07:58:18 PM

Oh, comeon. We're not that lucky
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pulsar

Quote from: Eclipse on November 12, 2013, 07:58:18 PM
Yes, the other side of my almost split personality.
C/LtCol Neutron Star

Luis R. Ramos

Pulsar and Shuman.

Student and teacher.

>:D

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

ColonelJack

Quote from: Pulsar on November 12, 2013, 07:55:30 PM

Please, please tell me you are joking.  Please reassure this old man that you aren't serious with that.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Pulsar

Quote from: ColonelJack on November 12, 2013, 08:16:30 PM
Quote from: Pulsar on November 12, 2013, 07:55:30 PM

Please, please tell me you are joking.  Please reassure this old man that you aren't serious with that.

Jack
Oh, don't have a heart attack! I was just saying what some cadets think.  :angel:
C/LtCol Neutron Star

abdsp51

We do not wear covers we wear caps.  No where in 39-1 are hats mentioned as covers.  That being said I think that we should wear the BDU cap and be uniform.  If you go to a NCSA or Encampment then you wear that standardized headgear.  Events such as Blue Beret, HMRS, NESA, etc. are advanced learning courses and as such should be looked in similar fashion to wear of berets in the Air Force or Army (pre-2001); as symbols of advanced knowledge and held to higher standards.  There is no real world need for beret usage in general CAP use.  They are impractical and lack sun coverage, I will never understand cadet fascination with them.

Have you ever worn one? The same can be said of you ironing your ABUs.

a2capt

Quote from: Pulsar on November 12, 2013, 08:18:32 PMOh, don't have a heart attack! I was just saying what some cadets think.  :angel:
You said
Quote from: Pulsar on November 12, 2013, 07:55:30 PMWe think they look cool and like we are an "elite" group of people.
.. the use of "we" encompasses yourself by that statement.

Pulsar

Quote from: a2capt on November 12, 2013, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: Pulsar on November 12, 2013, 08:18:32 PMOh, don't have a heart attack! I was just saying what some cadets think.  :angel:
You said
Quote from: Pulsar on November 12, 2013, 07:55:30 PMWe think they look cool and like we are an "elite" group of people.
.. the use of "we" encompasses yourself by that statement.
good point.  :-[
C/LtCol Neutron Star

Panache

I'm looking for the "I'm in PAWG so I have to wear the godawful orange caps but I really wish I didn't" button.

Pulsar

Quote from: Panache on November 12, 2013, 10:54:20 PM
I'm looking for the "I'm in PAWG so I have to wear the godawful orange caps but I really wish I didn't" button.
You're right! I'll try to edit!
C/LtCol Neutron Star

FlyTiger77

We do not wear covers we wear caps. 

Thank you!

They are impractical and lack sun coverage,   

Exactly. And, they require both hands to be free to put them on.

I think the colored ball caps are a much better (and already approved) solution.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

ol'fido

Another reason I like the BBDUs. I bought a navy blue ball cap at Walmart for 3.99. Adjust for head size and go. No insignia=no worries.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006