CAPM 39-1's Issues

Started by Airman De Ruiter, January 20, 2013, 04:43:24 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 22, 2013, 04:43:16 PM
Indeed. IIRC you got to keep some of those name tapes?

Still have my "Kirk" in with my other uniform stuff.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I can't locate mine anywhere. ;(

a2capt

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 22, 2013, 04:56:46 PMI can't locate mine anywhere. ;(
Look in between all those buried encampment t-shirts.. :)
For all you know, they'll pop up at the least expected moment..

Майор Хаткевич

I moved out of my parents home in 2008. Out of my apartment in 2012. Unless its in a BDU pocket somewhere, its gone.

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ol'fido on January 22, 2013, 11:40:59 PM
Och, mah wee bairns.  :'(

Nyet, Keptin.  Is Russian inwention.  Ciwil Air Patrol, is, after all, copy of Soviet DOSAAF.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NIN

Quote from: CyBorg on January 23, 2013, 02:13:28 PM
Nyet, Keptin.  Is Russian inwention.  Ciwil Air Patrol, is, after all, copy of Soviet DOSAAF.

Go put the shields up, Chekov.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ColonelJack

Shields?  Inwented by little old lady from Leningrad.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

NIN

BTW, lest anybody thinks that CAP's uniform manual follies (ICLs, unpublished changes, etc) are "unprofessional and unmilitary" remember that the current AR 670-1 (the Army's Uniform Manual) is dated March 2005 and does not include either ACUs or the new-style Army Service Uniform in ANY of its descriptions.

ACUs have been in circulation in the Army since 2005, BDUs have been phased out since around 2008, and the ASU will completely replace dress greens in 2014. Yet if you use AR 670-1 as your "sole source" you'd be out of uniform.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

Quote from: NIN on January 23, 2013, 03:07:31 PM
BTW, lest anybody thinks that CAP's uniform manual follies (ICLs, unpublished changes, etc) are "unprofessional and unmilitary" remember that the current AR 670-1 (the Army's Uniform Manual) is dated March 2005 and does not include either ACUs or the new-style Army Service Uniform in ANY of its descriptions.

ACUs have been in circulation in the Army since 2005, BDUs have been phased out since around 2008, and the ASU will completely replace dress greens in 2014. Yet if you use AR 670-1 as your "sole source" you'd be out of uniform.
And back in the day the USAF 35-10 was even older.....it still did not have BDU's in them....they were not added untl HHWNBN ordered all regs to got to AFI.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JoeTomasone

Quote from: NIN on January 23, 2013, 03:07:31 PM

But unlike 39-1, which demands compliance and asserts that no variations from it are permissible, AR 670-1 has it covered:

Quote from: AR 670-1
Only uniforms, accessories, and insignia prescribed in this regulation or in the common tables of allowance
(CTA), or as approved by Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA), will be worn by personnel in the U.S.
Army. Unless specified in this regulation, the commander issuing the clothing and equipment will establish wear
policies for organizational clothing and equipment.

I'm not sure how the CTA works, but it probably doesn't require incorporation into the parent regulation within 90 days.

Side note: I thought WE had a lot of uniforms/combinations...

Sapper168

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 24, 2013, 03:39:42 PM

Half of the Uniforms in the AR670-1 are phased out and replaced by ACU or ASU.  So its not really as many as it seems.  8)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

NIN

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 24, 2013, 03:39:42 PM
I'm not sure how the CTA works, but it probably doesn't require incorporation into the parent regulation within 90 days.

Organizational clothing is odd, too.  Example: flightsuits. Those were "organizational issue," not "individual issue," so they got turned into the unit when you PCS'd.  Because they were organizational clothing, the commander could say "and there will be a unit patch worn" (We did not have a unit patch) and technically it would be allowed.

That was more to cover stuff like coveralls, confined space or anti-static garments, raingear, TA-50 type issue, not specifically uniform items.  Cuz flightsuits were DEFINITELY covered in 670-1.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP