What are the chances this is an ex-CAP BBDU? (Evilbay)

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, November 30, 2012, 09:58:10 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

To my knowledge, the AF never wore blue M-65's, did they?

That would make it possible to be an ex-CAP BBDU, yes?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NIN

Or its a Blue M-65. Which are made for more than just CAP.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

Some of the Trans Alert and maybe the T-birds did back in the day.......

I do know that they wore blue flight suits and I used to have a Blue NB-2 jacket.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

N7MOG

Don't forget that many other agencies wear blue BDUs: Police and EMTs come to mind.  They need jackets, too!
Bill Collister
SDWG DC
Cadet in 1968-1973 (Mitchell Award)
Collecter of knowledge since then, finding out my parents got real smart about the time I turned 18....
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - Semper Fidelis

The original content of this post is Copyright (c) 2014 by William Collister.  The right to reproduce the content of this post within CAP-Talk only for the purposes of providing a quoted reply, by CAP-Talk users only, is specifically granted. All other rights, including "Fair Use," are specifically reserved.

okeecap

lordmonar

Also the missle crews used to wear blue fatgues before they went to flight suits.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Smithsonia

Alpha Industries sells a M65 in Blue. I wear it with my BBDUS on Ground Team in cool weather. Its a little light for cold weather (below 32) I dress it out just like my BBDU blouse although I put Major's Leafs on the epulet instead of the collar. Look at the collar closely and you'll see why. http://www.alphaindustries.com/Mens-Field-Coats/Alpha-Industries-M-65-Field-Coat.asp
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Smithsonia on December 01, 2012, 04:01:08 AM
Alpha Industries sells a M65 in Blue. I wear it with my BBDUS on Ground Team in cool weather. Its a little light for cold weather (below 32) I dress it out just like my BBDU blouse although I put Major's Leafs on the epulet instead of the collar. Look at the collar closely and you'll see why. http://www.alphaindustries.com/Mens-Field-Coats/Alpha-Industries-M-65-Field-Coat.asp

I've seen it done, and it looks sharp. I'm on a phone right now, but is there a provision for a Jacket for BBDUs to be set up as  BDU M65? Or is it technically non-reg?

Sapper168

From CAPM 39-1, table 4-7, emphasis mine....

8- Outergarments Since the field uniform is uniquely CAP and is not a USAF clothing item, any type cold weather outergarment may be worn. A dark blue field jacket is available and authorized for wear. If worn, the same accouterments worn on the field uniform shirt will be worn. An orange safety vest is authorized in wooded areas for safety reasons
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Майор Хаткевич

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on November 30, 2012, 10:06:35 PM
I do know that they wore blue flight suits and I used to have a Blue NB-2 jacket.

I remember the days of the blue flight jackets; i.e. the absolutely-essential-to-see "Strategic Air Command" featuring Brigadier General James Stewart.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Private Investigator