Wearing Class A's to a funeral

Started by cadetesman, February 08, 2012, 02:53:13 AM

cadetesman

A relative of  mine passed away today, and he was retired from the Navy. I am wondering if it would be appropriate to wear class A's to the funeral.

Thank you

Noble Six

Ask your squadron commander first.  He is the one that can give you an official go no go
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

Woodsy

cadetesman..  First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. 

I'll be wearing my service dress uniform to a funeral on Friday.  A former squadron CC from my group passed away, and with FLWG conference this weekend, most of the wing staff will already be in Tampa for that, so I'm going as a group/wing rep and then gonna haul butt down to the bay area straight from there. 

That said, this will be the first full honors military funeral (he was retired Navy) I've ever attended, and as a lifelong civilian, now wearing a CAP uniform, I'm a little unsure of the proper C&C's...  When to salute, when not to salute, do you take your cover off while praying or leave it on, etc..  Does anyone have a link to a military funeral C&C resource?  The CAP C&C  pamphlet doesn't really go into funerals or religious services... 

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

I also offer my condolences for your loss, cadetsman.

A career serving one's country is one to be honoured.

What lordmonar posted from the Georgia State Defence Force is a good guide.

I would also check with your CC.  I got married in my service dress and checked with my (then) CC, but if not for the distance he was going to be there anyway. :)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

abdsp51

Is it possible to have a database here for the different pubs asked about? I am downloading the AFMAN on D & C for anyone interested and it should cover alot of these questions.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 09, 2012, 04:57:19 PM
Is it possible to have a database here for the different pubs asked about? I am downloading the AFMAN on D & C for anyone interested and it should cover alot of these questions.

+1 ... It would be nice (though a pain for the mods) to have all the CAPR's,M's, F's, P's and Q's  on captalk.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

davidsinn

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on February 09, 2012, 06:08:23 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on February 09, 2012, 04:57:19 PM

+1 ... It would be nice (though a pain for the mods) to have all the CAPR's,M's, F's, P's and Q's  on captalk.

Why not just go to the NHQ webpage? They've updated 4 pubs this month already.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn