jks19714

Quote from: PHall on January 26, 2012, 10:49:26 PM
Quote from: jks19714 on January 26, 2012, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: PHall on January 26, 2012, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 26, 2012, 12:02:17 AM
What are the regimental ties used for?

They make functional tourniquets!

Especially pronounced above some folk's shoulders...  :o

Hey, gotta stop that jugular bleed somehow! ;)

My EMT instructor many years ago said that it was not appropriate for nose bleeds and shaving cuts though.
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

PHall

Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 01:19:40 AM
Quote from: PHall on January 26, 2012, 10:49:26 PM
Quote from: jks19714 on January 26, 2012, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: PHall on January 26, 2012, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 26, 2012, 12:02:17 AM
What are the regimental ties used for?

They make functional tourniquets!

Especially pronounced above some folk's shoulders...  :o

Hey, gotta stop that jugular bleed somehow! ;)

My EMT instructor many years ago said that it was not appropriate for nose bleeds and shaving cuts though.

Depends on the patient. With some patients they're entirely appropriate! >:D

Major Lord

I did have the occasion to use my Pierre Cardin woven tie to bind the feet of a guy on PCP, with enough flying end left over to tie the end over his handcuffs in appropriate hogtie fashion. Its a "must-have" accessory for the well dressed felon!

It pays to buy ties in "extra length" sizes, but most stores only stock standard length ties. Fine for those under 5-11, but sometimes just a hair short for us extra-long folks. I can buy my family tartan ties off-the-shelf online, but getting them in suitable length is hard. I find it ridiculous to see CAP (and USAF) people with ties that looked like they got got lobbed off in some kind of horrid industrial accident, or with a minimal four-in-hand knot made from the very narrow end of the tie to squeeze enough length out of it to not look like a stage comic.

Phil, as to jugular vein bleeds, don't worry, they stop pretty quickly by themselves.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."