wearing mini medal on female blues set?

Started by C/MSgt Durant, March 13, 2011, 10:02:26 PM

C/MSgt Durant

I cant find the regulations on how to put my mini medal. I can wear it on my standard blues uniform right? please help!

Eclipse

Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on March 13, 2011, 10:02:26 PM
I cant find the regulations on how to put my mini medal. I can wear it on my standard blues uniform right? please help!

No - mini medals are only worn by senior members in two situations.

Mess dress.

Blazer combo in "semi-formal mode", in which case you only wear one medal (generally your highest, but it is wearer's choice).

There are no uniform combos open to cadets that allow for mini-medals.

"That Others May Zoom"

C/MSgt Durant

so, I cannot wear my "cadet of the year" medal i got? (the Air Force Association thing)

JayT

Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on March 13, 2011, 10:13:18 PM
so, I cannot wear my "cadet of the year" medal i got? (the Air Force Association thing)

You can wear the ribbon. And that's not a mini medal, its a full sized medal. The Air Force does not wear full sized medals.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

C/MSgt Durant

oh, :/ dangit that kinda sucks, okay ill take it off as soon as i get home. :/ thank you

C/MSgt Durant

Although that is a really small medal to be full sized?

Eclipse

The AFA medal is just for the ceremony, as are any of the full-sized CAP-related medals.

It is not unusual to be pinned when presented, and wear the medal the rest of the activity / banquet / meeting,
but after that it goes in a drawer or in a frame.

"That Others May Zoom"

LGM30GMCC

Quote from: JThemann on March 13, 2011, 10:14:52 PM
Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on March 13, 2011, 10:13:18 PM

You can wear the ribbon. And that's not a mini medal, its a full sized medal. The Air Force does not wear full sized medals.

*Exceptions: Honor Guard Members under specific conditions for ceremonial uniforms, AFROTC (They are USAF members) cadet mess dress... ;D >:D

But no...the vast vast vast majority of the time we do not and the vast majority of members never will.

a2capt

Someone/ones put you in for that award, I wouldn't just call it a "thing". :)

Major Lord

Cadet Durant,

First, congratulations on your award! Don't forget to add it to your Cadet Resume' ASAP. We here at CapTalk hope we have helped you prepare for the bleak realities and shattered dreams of adulthood by dashing your hopes of actually wearing your award....Now is  good time to start a savings account filled with gruntles, so that  when you are a broken shell of a Senior Member, you can re-gruntle yourself after becoming disgruntled.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

C/MSgt Durant

major Lord, have no idea what you just said but cool.. and by "thing" I meant no disrespect. This is an official forum so there is no need for "correct grammar and spelling"

Eclipse

Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on April 13, 2011, 12:14:55 AM
major Lord, have no idea what you just said but cool.. and by "thing" I meant no disrespect. This is an official forum so there is no need for "correct grammar and spelling"

?

Spelling and grammar are always important, especially here, and especially from cadets.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on April 13, 2011, 12:14:55 AM
That's just disappointing.

C/MSgt Durant

In all honesty, I don't care. When I need to ask a question, but have to leave asap, I am not going to worry about that kind of stuff.

SarDragon

Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on April 13, 2011, 04:44:06 AM
In all honesty, I don't care. When I need to ask a question, but have to leave asap, I am not going to worry about that kind of stuff.

Coppin' a 'tude is probably the worst thing you can do here. It will ensure that most of your posts will be ignored and that you become the subject of a dogpile if it gets really bad.

Your content might have great meaning to you, but if you can't express it using decent grammar, spelling and punctuation, it carries little meaning for the readers, since we aren't interested in spending the time to figure it out.

Remember, the quality of your posts is often a reflection on the quality of you! Attention to detail and good writing skills can both be very important in your life. This is a great place to practice and improve your skills in a less critical (as in importance)  environment.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BillB

I often wonder why people on this board jump on Cadets for spelling and grammar, but don't say the first thing when Seniors have spelling and grammar mistakes.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Hawk200

Quote from: C/MSgt Durant on April 13, 2011, 04:44:06 AM
Ironic. Your spelling and grammar are far more civilized, even if you're tone isn't.

You don't care now, but a tendency to cut corners when it comes to communication can cause problems later. Do you think you're going to impress your supervisors by taking the viewpoint that 'there is no need for "correct grammar and spelling"' in the future when you're working to pay your bills? If college is a goal, I can guarantee that such a viewpoint won't be looked upon highly there either.

Breaking the bad habits now is in your best interest. Proper communication can go a long way, not only in being considered detail oriented; it also avoids misunderstandings.

Major Lord

Cadet Durant,

I was making an obscure joke about disappointment in CAP, not criticizing your spelling or grammar. We have enough Grammar Nazi's here already to build a fourth Reich! It really is a wonderful thing that you won your award, and I personally have no grammatical objections to calling a "thing" a "thing". Ain't no big thing!

The subject of poor grammar and spelling arises here all the time, and many will argue that the use of poor English will forever mark you as unprofessional. I agree with you that sites like this tend to be considered "exempt" from the proper use of English, but remember that anything you write on the internet never really goes away.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

C/MSgt Durant

major lord, I apologize to you. In everything else, when I have time, on the computer I do quite well on grammar and spelling. I do not do very well on people who think they can tell me how to write on an unofficial site.

Al Sayre

The problem is that while this may be an unofficial site, there are lots of official people who read what you have written here.  These are the same people whom you may need to impress in order to attain your goals later on.  It's best not to burn bridges before you even get to them.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787