Obviously we have a Major working for NBC...

Started by Krapenhoeffer, October 19, 2010, 12:37:19 AM

Major Carrales

The height of all ridiculousness is when I draw a "CAP CARTOON" and people start the UNIFORM NAZI thing on these caricatures.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DakRadz

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 09, 2010, 12:43:44 AM
Quote from: ColonelJack on December 08, 2010, 09:53:49 PM
Quote from: eaker.cadet on December 05, 2010, 06:24:13 PM
You guys had me all excited when I saw the picture of the guy in the grey uniform, i thought it was the new CSU for CAP.

You do know who that is, don't you?  And from what show?

Jack

He's a cadet.  He doesn't remember Space Family Robinson
Actually eaker.cadet is a SM Major at last check.

CAP_truth

It appears that the general is wearing a National Defense Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters, I only know of one oak leaf cluster that was added but not two. Am I mistaken.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

SarDragon

Quote from: CAP_truth on December 10, 2010, 05:24:09 PM
It appears that the general is wearing a National Defense Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters, I only know of one oak leaf cluster that was added but not two. Am I mistaken.

From Wikipedia:

In the years since the creation of the National Defense Service Medal, it is authorized only for the following time periods:

• June 27, 1950 to July 27, 1954 for service during the Korean War
  • January 1, 1961 to August 14, 1974 for service during the Vietnam War
  • August 2, 1990 to November 30, 1995 for service during the Gulf War
  • September 11, 2001 to a date to be announced for service during the War on Terrorism
Someone who was in the Service before 8/14/74 could conceivably have three awards, but they would likely rank higher than Major.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JohnKachenmeister

The National Defense Service Medal uses stars to note subsequent awards.
Another former CAP officer

Hawk200

Quote from: SarDragon on December 10, 2010, 05:38:32 PMFrom Wikipedia:

In the years since the creation of the National Defense Service Medal, it is authorized only for the following time periods:

• June 27, 1950 to July 27, 1954 for service during the Korean War
  • January 1, 1961 to August 14, 1974 for service during the Vietnam War
  • August 2, 1990 to November 30, 1995 for service during the Gulf War
  • September 11, 2001 to a date to be announced for service during the War on Terrorism
Someone who was in the Service before 8/14/74 could conceivably have three awards, but they would likely rank higher than Major.
Strangely, my records show that I have an NDSM with two stars. Still trying to figure that one out, but my personnel guy keeps telling me it's right (although I don't believe him). I've only been in since '88.

SarDragon

That Wiki article may not be up to date. I'm still trying to find more authoritative info, since ISTR that there were three awards for the current goings-on.

[edit] The article appears to be correct. Official USA and USAF sites match the info posted above. You might check with your personnel clerk to see what his justification is.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret