Weight Standards in the USSC; compare to CAP

Started by dogboy, June 05, 2010, 06:43:45 PM

dogboy

I understand Big Blue's desire that CAP should have a professional image in the Air Force uniform. For contrast, here's photos of something called the United States Service Command, a pseudo-military group allegedly involved in disaster services, although mainly they seem to just  like to wear their fake Army uniforms a lot

http://www.usservicecommand.us/USSC%20Command%20Change%2006.html

HGjunkie

Nothing wrong with that if they stick to their respectice missions and dont advertise themselves as Army. Keep in mind, that was a change of command ceremony, so they MIGHT not dress like that all the time. However, they DO look like they're on the XXL sides of things.
;)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

AirAux

We had First Sergeant's that were that fat back when I was on active duty.. And we shouldn't forget the illustrious Gen. LeMay.

lordmonar

Quote from: dogboy on June 05, 2010, 06:43:45 PM
I understand Big Blue's desire that CAP should have a professional image in the Air Force uniform. For contrast, here's photos of something called the United States Service Command, a pseudo-military group allegedly involved in disaster services, although mainly they seem to just  like to wear their fake Army uniforms a lot

Apples and orange rocks.......CAP has an offical direct relationship with the USAF and by regulations and agreements the USAF has full control over our USAF uniforms....and a lot of say in our corporate uniforms.  Teh USSC is a real bunch of wannabes that has no over sight by anyone.  IMHO the US Army ought to get the whole bunch for impersonating officers.

We got one of their member here in Nevada.  Clained to be a Lt Col in the USAR...but it turned out that it was just the USSC (or one of its sister organisations).  He got "asked" to leave CAP.  ::)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

FARRIER

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

LtCol057

From the pics I saw on their website, I've formed 2 conclusions. 
1.  Seems like everyone in that organization wears stars.  Not sure, but is HWSNBN in there anywhere?
2.  Might be a good thing they don't fly.  Judging by the size of some of them, not sure the planes would be able to get off the ground without a lot of problems.

HGjunkie

Quote from: LtCol057 on June 05, 2010, 11:12:39 PM
From the pics I saw on their website, I've formed 2 conclusions. 
1.  Seems like everyone in that organization wears stars.  Not sure, but is HWSNBN in there anywhere?
2.  Might be a good thing they don't fly.  Judging by the size of some of them, not sure the planes would be able to get off the ground without a lot of problems.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :clap: :clap: :clap: ;D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Perhaps the pot would be best served not being concerned about the color of the kettle.

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on June 05, 2010, 11:37:46 PM
Perhaps the pot would be best served not being concerned about the color of the kettle.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

HGjunkie

???
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

lordmonar

I would take acception to that.....CAP at its worst is not anything near these bozos.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RADIOMAN015

I'm not sure what this organization really accomplishes when compared to Civil Air Patrol, which is a known operational asset to military, federal, state, & local government agencies  . :-\  They probably don't have an weight standards for wear of their uniforms, because they only have one set of uniforms, so everyone has to wear those uniforms.   It looks to me that the haircuts are within a military standard.   

As far as wearing the CAP AF style uniform, refer to attachment #1, CAPM 39-1.   It seems to allow a fairly significant difference in weight from the AF standard versus the CAP standard.

I think anyone that is large, even if they were over the CAP weight standard, could look OK in uniform IF they had the right size uniform.  Unfortunately, I've seen folks that don't fit into those blues very well and it doesn't look very good.

Most squadrons do not have weight scales & do not have weigh ins & height measurement of those senior members that are wearing a CAP AF style type uniform  -- so the weight standard does seem to slide up higher, how high I won't speculate :angel:     

Personnally again, make the uniform a bit more distinctive, call it a CAP uniform (AF style), but ensure that if members' are large they have a uniform that they fit into properly!

RM

RiverAux

IIRC, this group was formed by people kicked out of Tennessee's SDF. 

Grumpy

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 06, 2010, 12:04:54 AM

I'm not sure what this organization really accomplishes when compared to Civil Air Patrol, which is a known operational asset to military, federal, state, & local government agencies  . :-\  They probably don't have an weight standards for wear of their uniforms, because they only have one set of uniforms, so everyone has to wear those uniforms.   It looks to me that the haircuts are within a military standard.   

As far as wearing the CAP AF style uniform, refer to attachment #1, CAPM 39-1.   It seems to allow a fairly significant difference in weight from the AF standard versus the CAP standard.

I think anyone that is large, even if they were over the CAP weight standard, could look OK in uniform IF they had the right size uniform.  Unfortunately, I've seen folks that don't fit into those blues very well and it doesn't look very good.

Most squadrons do not have weight scales & do not have weigh ins & height measurement of those senior members that are wearing a CAP AF style type uniform  -- so the weight standard does seem to slide up higher, how high I won't speculate :angel:     

Personnally again, make the uniform a bit more distinctive, call it a CAP uniform (AF style), but ensure that if members' are large they have a uniform that they fit into properly!

RM

Hey, just don't stand in front of the buttons.

EMT-83

Perhaps inadvertently, their own website sums up the organization.

Click on Home / Our Mission / Go. It says Page Not Found.

wuzafuzz

Quote from: EMT-83 on June 06, 2010, 12:35:22 PM
Perhaps inadvertently, their own website sums up the organization.

Click on Home / Our Mission / Go. It says Page Not Found.
"I don't care who ya are; that's funny right there!"
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

BillB

I've started a new organization. it's called Civilian Auxiliary Patrol. We wear a blue uniform that might be mistaken for an Air Force uniform in low light or a short distance. The National Commander (me) wears five stars. When a member joins he become a one-star. On the lapel we wear cutouts of the orhanizations initials. (cheap from Vanguard). All pilots with a current medical are form 5 rated. It will be a great organization. And the dues are only $50 (payable to me)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DBlair

Quote from: BillB on June 06, 2010, 02:50:18 PM
I've started a new organization. it's called Civilian Auxiliary Patrol. We wear a blue uniform that might be mistaken for an Air Force uniform in low light or a short distance. The National Commander (me) wears five stars. When a member joins he become a one-star. On the lapel we wear cutouts of the orhanizations initials. (cheap from Vanguard). All pilots with a current medical are form 5 rated. It will be a great organization. And the dues are only $50 (payable to me)

Regarding the General officers, it does seem the "USSC" set it up that way (lol) considering all the members wearing stars in the various photos. When I looked at the site, I found myself thinking "Wow, is everyone a General?"
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander