Artistic CAP design squadron competion?

Started by AngelWings, August 11, 2012, 07:22:41 AM

AngelWings

I was thinking of this idea to bring some flavor to my squadron:

I'd like to make a drawing contest within my squadron to give it some spark, open both to cadets and seniors. With this contest would be that winning drawings would result in a reward. The reward would be the ability to paint one of the tiles on the ceiling of our squadron with the design, all expenses for material paid by the squadron. Or if the person opts out of the painting, it could be painted on by someone else.

The guidelines would be:

It has to be a CAP or Air Force design, or something that represents CAP or the USAF.

No profanity or unbecoming designs or phrases.

Have to be done so that the design is able to be copied onto a tile (complicated designs are acceptable as long as you are willing to draw it).

If you win multiple times, you will be credited with it when you apply for positions (for cadets).

All designs will be chosen by both sides.

This will go until we decide it is becoming unprofessional looking.

When that happens, a design will be chosen as the major winning design the winner will get rewarded with something special.

The ultimate winning design will be digitally copied and incorporated into an article on the squadron website, and will be used as squadron logo online and possibly other places.

The funding, if possible, will be squadron funds. If not, it may come out of pocket from me.

This is all for fun and games, and if the funding doesn't exsist, I'll be willing to pay for it. I want to get everyone hyped up to do it, and also this'd be a really cool thing to see done. If the interest isn't there, than I'll find some other way of trying to incorporate the idea. The good thing about tiles is that if we find they look unprofessional after a while or we need to be bland for some reason, we replace them (which we have some ready). I see this idea as being a boost of morale and pride, because what it has results. It's not a priority idea, and is not a major thing. It's just some innovative fun that hopefully will bring out some personality and bring some social aspect in to my squadron.

The major benefits is to break up a bland interior, boost morale, give everyone a reason to search through CAP designs and possibly learn something, help people get used to democratic voting, and for the fun competition! Cadets and seniors can choose to work together or not. This may also help people get used to losing and to winning a competition (a lacking feel when the only thing you lose is video game matches). Lastly, it could bring out some of my artistic cadets and make friends.

I just wanted to share my idea just because I know some squadrons could potentially benefit from it and this is a great website to share ideas. Hopefully someone likes the idea and could use it at their squadron. If it fails, well, I guess I learn something, because as some wise men have stated, you only learn when you fail.

(I apologize for the longevity of this, but I didn't want to leave anything to question)