Form 27 Turnaround - place your bets!

Started by dwb, October 25, 2005, 07:06:40 PM

dwb

Well, it's official -- I've been waiting more than two months for the CAPF 27 to be processed for the change of command that happened in August.  As of today, I'm still listed as the Commander of my unit.  It's been 64 days since I sent the form to my Group CC.  Last I knew, it was still sitting at Wing.

So, CAP Talk boys and girls, place your bets!  Like The Price is Right, the person who has the closest guess, without going over, wins.  How many more days will it take?

I check e-Services every business day, so I should be able to provide an accurate answer.  The winner gets nothing, except the satisfaction of knowing they won.  ;D

SarDragon

It's probably still sitting at wing. I've had occasion to submit three of these in the last year, and they were all processed in less than two weeks. The problem isn't at NHQ.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

whatevah

Quote from: justin_bailey on October 25, 2005, 07:06:40 PMI check e-Services every business day, so I should be able to provide an accurate answer.
hehe my mom takes great pride in saying "I'm one of ## people without a life" after she logs into e-Services. ::)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

PWK-GT

Don't worry..........I've been waiting for my Yeager to show up in e-services for a month. "A watched pot never boils", I guess. I'm one of those "# # people w/out a life" too I guess.......I check every day. I've already gotten the certificate, so it ain't all bad. ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

dwb

Quote from: whatevah on October 26, 2005, 01:52:23 AMhehe my mom takes great pride in saying "I'm one of ## people without a life" after she logs into e-Services. ::)

Ha!  I only check it every day when I'm really expecting something.  Otherwise, I only login if I expect to see something different (a new member, who didn't renew, etc.)

Quote from: jessiebear on October 26, 2005, 04:05:25 AMDon't worry..........I've been waiting for my Yeager to show up in e-services for a month.

A month?  Bah!  Mine took about four months, and it's been known to take longer.  Apparently, our Wing AE person only sends them in a few times a year, because they appear in batches in CAP News.

pixelwonk

Quote from: justin_bailey on October 26, 2005, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: whatevah on October 26, 2005, 01:52:23 AMhehe my mom takes great pride in saying "I'm one of ## people without a life" after she logs into e-Services. ::)

Ha!  I only check it every day when I'm really expecting something.  Otherwise, I only login if I expect to see something different (a new member, who didn't renew, etc.)

Quote from: jessiebear on October 26, 2005, 04:05:25 AMDon't worry..........I've been waiting for my Yeager to show up in e-services for a month.

A month?  Bah!  Mine took about four months, and it's been known to take longer.  Apparently, our Wing AE person only sends them in a few times a year, because they appear in batches in CAP News.

four months?  bah!  that's a mere heartbeat.  I waited 11 months for mine and a year for the cert.   :D 
Serves me right for taking it online the month that the test was made available that way.

PWK-GT

Well, my AE Officer claims to send them to National at the end of every month.....and I submitted mine 2 weeks before the end of LAST month....we'll just have to see! ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

dwb

Glad to know this Yeager thing is a problem elsewhere, too.  It's tough, because I always encourage people to take the test, then they do, and a better part of a year goes by with no recognition.

Still listed as CC.  I think SarDragon's estimate may have been too optimistic!

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey on October 27, 2005, 02:01:44 PM

I think your change of command being processed would make an excellent Christmas present.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

PWK-GT

Quote from: Pylon on October 27, 2005, 02:31:23 PM
Quote from: justin_bailey on October 27, 2005, 02:01:44 PM

I think your change of command being processed would make an excellent Christmas present.  ;)
Or a really nice retirement gift............ ;D
"Is it Friday yet"

dwb

Good point, as my membership does expire in December . . .

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey
Good point, as my membership does expire in December . . .

Don't leave us, Dan!   :o

I need a DCC for Fulton...   >:D ;D

JJ

Dan is not going to Fulton!

>:D

It is bad enough that your up there!
JJ Jones, Capt, CAP
Commander, NER-NY-135

JJ

Wait a minute...

Mike, aren't you the DCC in Fulton?

Are you looking for the exit already?
JJ Jones, Capt, CAP
Commander, NER-NY-135

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on October 28, 2005, 12:55:17 PMI need a DCC for Fulton...   >:D ;D

Ha!  No way, Jose!

I wouldn't leave CAP, but I would let my membership lapse if I were still listed as the Commander, just to bring it to the attention of NHQ.  ;D

groundpounder

Dan,

The problem is not at NHQ, it's at Wing.

I've spoken with several people over the last few months that are having problems much greater than yours. It's becoming a real moral problem that hopefully will be rectified before we start losing good people.

Sadly, the people that are being hurt the worst are those that are in leadership positions such as yourself. Not a good situation.

Pylon

Quote from: JJ on October 28, 2005, 03:23:24 PM

Wait a minute...

Mike, aren't you the DCC in Fulton?

Are you looking for the exit already?

Exit already?  Of course, JJ.  My acceptance of that DCC position was with the understanding it was temporary until I could find and train a replacement.  Heck, if I can recruit Dan, I can skip the training.  ;)

Quote from: justin_bailey
Ha!  No way, Jose!

I wouldn't leave CAP, but I would let my membership lapse if I were still listed as the Commander, just to bring it to the attention of NHQ.  ;D

Haha, now that would be amusing! 

I can see the membership services person at NHQ now, noticing that the commander's membership was lapsing and scurrying around to call you.  Of course, you'd thoroughly enjoy telling them, "Nope. I'm actually not the commander but thanks for the personal renewal notice."   ;D

groundpounder

My guess is that the folks down at NHQ would not even notice.

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on October 31, 2005, 01:52:53 PMMy guess is that the folks down at NHQ would not even notice.

They would, but it wouldn't be immediate.  Periodically, they run their reports, and it does send up a red flag if you have a Commanderless (is that a word?) squadron.  Happened to a now-defunct squadron; their Commander's membership had lapsed a few months before anyone noticed.

But they did notice.  Eventually.

groundpounder

Well, anyone that guessed October is out of the running. Rumor on the street is that Austin will be the CC for another year, if that is true, my guess Nov 2007.

groundpounder

Sorry, I need to resubmit my estimate. Nov 2006, not 2007.

I got a little ahead of myself.

dwb

I was going to point that out, but you beat me to it.  I thought I was checking e-Services diligently.  :D

dwb

BTW, why would he be Wing CC for another year?  No one else to take his place?

Honestly, I don't even know who would be in the running.  I assume it'd be generally Lt Col's that are on Wing staff, to include the Vice, and maybe a Group CC or two.  But I couldn't provide any names off the top of my head.

groundpounder

Not sure why he is going to be the CC, or if it is for sure. I heard it from somone that was at the recent commanders call but have not been able to verify.

I was hoping for Steve Perta or Bill Hughes myself. Good guys to work with.

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 01, 2005, 04:32:27 PMI was hoping for Steve Perta or Bill Hughes myself. Good guys to work with.

Do they even have any interest in it?  Last time, I don't think Lt Col Perta even threw his name in the hat, because he was in grad school.  I'm not sure what his intentions are now.

As for Lt Col Hughes, I've never heard of him being interested in the job.  But admittedly, I don't know much about him.  And I'm out of the CAP loop right now, so I'm missing out on any chatter about possible successors for Col G.

I think we're due for an upstate Wing CC.  No offense to the downstaters.  The last upstate Wing King we had was Col Lavin, back in the early-90s.  I remember seeing him in the mall when he was Wing CC, that was odd.  "Hey, look, it's the Colonel.  Yikes!"  Not that he knew who I was.

I vote for 1st Lt Mike Kieloch for Wing CC, just because I'm in to volunteering him for things lately.

groundpounder

I'm not sure if either of them would want the job either, I was just hoping that they would.

I am sure that there are other folks out there that can get this Wing kick started again. Just can't wait until it happens >:(

groundpounder

Forgot to mention - another day passes and you are still CC.

There must be one hell of a pile of paperwork up there at Wing HQ. Maybe if I put in my retirement paperwork now it will be ready when I am. :D

groundpounder

Just to further handicap things here, I spoke to someone a couple of days ago that waited 6 months for his command to be officially changed by NYW.

I guess the real reason why they extended the CC's term was that the new guy wouldn't take it until Austin finished up all his overdue paperwork, which may take a year at the rate he gets things done!!!

It would be funny if it weren't true.

dwb

Still going...

This is unbelievable.  And they wonder why people get frustrated with this organization.

groundpounder

I'm still good with my November 06 prediction. Austin had plenty of time to make the region conf this weekend, I wonder if he brought along his homework to do in the room at night???  ;D

Pylon

Are you finding any problems with paperwork going to NHQ with the new commander's signature on it, not getting accepted due to you still being listed as the CC?

Matt

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on November 14, 2005, 08:09:08 PMAre you finding any problems with paperwork going to NHQ with the new commander's signature on it, not getting accepted due to you still being listed as the CC?

If they (the paid staffers) look at anything for validation, they look at the CAPF 53 (Signature Card).  I sent updated signature cards to both NHQ and Wing back in August, when the actual change of command took place.

A cursory glance at e-Services shows members that have joined since I've been on sabbatical.  So, yeah, I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm just upset that a Wing HQ that claims it exists to "support the field" can't file a simple form that takes about 30 seconds of effort.

What does that say about how much Wing HQ really cares?

groundpounder

It looks like we are going to have to merge this thread into the "Longest running squadron commander" thread for Dan.

By the time that NYW gets his paperwork in, he may just have the record.  ;D

Yoda

They still haven't filed it??  Crikey.  I'll put in for Dec 15th, 2005.  (Course, I have the benefit of knowing they didn't file it in the past month :D)

afgeo4

Ok, I'll try this out!

March 06

By the way... I'm about to (attempt to) renew my CAP driver's license.  Any bets on that?

GEORGE LURYE, 1st Lt, CAP
ES Officer
(still Brodsky's) Syracuse Comp Sqdn
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on November 22, 2005, 04:03:09 AM
Ok, I'll try this out!

March 06

By the way... I'm about to (attempt to) renew my CAP driver's license.  Any bets on that?

GEORGE LURYE, 1st Lt, CAP
ES Officer
(still Brodsky's) Syracuse Comp Sqdn

Good luck with that.  I'm not renewing mine again.   Plenty of other people can play chauffeur and have to pay for the privilege.  ::)

As for Brodsky's CAPF 27, I think we should start taking squares.  I'll draft up a calendar of the next year, and we'll do $0.50 to purchase a day.  Multiple people can claim the same day, but will split the pot if more than one person guesses the winning date.  If the winning date is untaken, the closest bet wins the pot.   ;D

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 21, 2005, 09:51:41 PMIt looks like we are going to have to merge this thread into the "Longest running squadron commander" thread for Dan.

That won't be necessary.  Renewing my CAP membership is on hold, pending this form getting processed.  If January rolls around and it's not done yet, I'll just call NHQ and let them know they have a Commanderless squadron, and that they should contact the Wing CC to find out why.  >:D

groundpounder

I have an idea, lets send an email to the Region Commander and ask him if he wants into the pool.  >:D

dwb

Here are the guesses so far:

31 October (nope)
15 November (nope)
Thanksgiving Eve (NHQ is closed today, so, nope)
15 December
March 2006
November 2006

I've been told that the form was sent last night.  Therefore, it should be done in the first half of next week (in theory).  That would make Fenner the closest bet.  But he came in to the betting late, so instead of the Grand Prize European vacation package, he'll get this spiffy felt tip pen!

Here's to hoping it gets done by 30 November!

groundpounder

All kidding aside, it is an outrage that this tread ever had to exist in the first place.

Lets hope that next week we will have a winner.

Pylon

Quote from: groundpounder on November 22, 2005, 02:29:41 PM
I have an idea, lets send an email to the Region Commander and ask him if he wants into the pool.  >:D

I think he and the Wing King would have an unfair advantage in betting on the date.   ;D

dwb

Quote from: justin_bailey on November 23, 2005, 01:40:43 PMI've been told that the form was sent last night.

I called NHQ this morning and...

wait for it...

...they don't have it.  :o

Now, it may have been mailed via USPS instead of faxed/E-mailed, but it should still be there this week.  We'll see what happens.

groundpounder

If it were sent last Tues as you said, it would have been there already unless it went pony express.

Sad, just sad......

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 28, 2005, 03:58:49 PMIf it were sent last Tues as you said, it would have been there already unless it went pony express.

Well, keep in mind that the paid employees weren't working for part (or all?) of last week.  Also, there was a holiday in there.  So, if it went via USPS, it should get there in the first part of this week.  If it went via fax or E-mail, it should have already been in the pile, and it wasn't.

I've never really had a problem with the NHQ folks, and I've sent my fair share of paperwork to Maxwell AFB.  I suspect that it either didn't get sent at all, or it's "in the mail".  Or, the third possibility, is that it's there, but the person I talked to didn't look hard enough for it.  In which case it should be done today or tomorrow.

groundpounder

I'm sure that it is not the folks down at NHQ.

Curious, how do you know that it was sent?

dwb

Quote from: groundpounder on November 28, 2005, 05:02:29 PMCurious, how do you know that it was sent?

I felt a disturbance in The Force. :)

(I heard through my chain of command)

PWK-GT

Quote from: justin_bailey on November 28, 2005, 09:26:55 PM
Quote from: groundpounder on November 28, 2005, 05:02:29 PMCurious, how do you know that it was sent?

I felt a disturbance in The Force. :)

Rumor has it that The Force is going to be replacing the WMU........less man-hours or something. ;D
Now, if CRAPMART could only use it to get orders right...........
"Is it Friday yet"

groundpounder

NEWS FLASH - New grand prize information released today! - NEWS FLASH

Due to the ongoing excitement surrounding the processing of this paperwork, new grand prizes have been announced.

First Prize - A shiny new Cessna 182 with G1000 avionics.

Second Prize - A complete SDIS system complete with one year prepaid unlimited airtime.

Third Prize - A laptop computer.

Contest rules - You must be a full colonel or above to enter. Paperwork submitted must to forwarded to CAP NHQ no later than  three months from the date of original submission. It must be Tuesday. You must weigh 168 lbs. Your hair must be grey. You must own a mess dress uniform. You have to attend at least one encampment. You cannot be a pilot. You must have had a recent measles vaccine. Your boss must be named Joe. Your dog must have fleas. One leg must be shorter than the other. You cannot have family members. You must be present to win. Your nickname must be "The Kid." Your favorite book must be "War and Peace." You must not have voted for Hillary Clinton. Your squadron must meet on the sixth Monday of the month.............. Subject to the laws of your state. Not valid in the Unted States or the rest of the free world.

groundpounder

Quote from: groundpounder on November 29, 2005, 06:20:46 PM
NEWS FLASH - New grand prize information released today! - NEWS FLASH

Due to a complete lack of response, the aforementioned sweepstakes has been cancelled. Since there were no applications processed within the three month time frame, we have decided to end the sweepstakes.

Anyone who has submitted a sweepstakes entry (any form requiring NWY CC approval) should resubmit the forms to be included in our next great giveaway!

The management.

groundpounder

Well we last heard that the Form 27 was sent on 11/22. No word yet on it getting to NHQ so I am going to guess that it didn't???

WICAPMOM

:o Well I feel the need to spout my surprise.

I officially accepted my first command today and before I even walked in the door for the change of command ceremony, I was listed in the National database as the squadron commander.  With what I read on this string that throughly surprised me.  That was done including a unit transfer. :o
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander
Milwaukee Comp Sqdn 5 (WI-061)

dwb

When I assumed command, The Form 27 had already been done.  This was probably because I happened to see the Wing CC in person a month before, and had him sign the form at that time.

At this point, I'm sticking with my plan to not renew my membership (which expires this month), then calling NHQ in January and telling them they have a Commanderless squadron and should do something about it.

If the form is processed before 31 Dec, then I will of course renew my membership in a timely fashion.

Matt

Back by popular Un-Demand via Julie (with warning of my craptastic pic coming into play)

WICAPMOM

Matthew,

I will have to discuss with you, your choice to post with out warning me. >:D

All I have to say about that picture is...  :'(
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander

dwb

What?  What'd I miss?  Someone PM me what I missed!  :-\

MIKE

Quote from: justin_bailey on December 09, 2005, 01:02:22 AM
What?  What'd I miss?  Someone PM me what I missed!  :-\

I so saw it and you didn't.  :P
Mike Johnston

dwb

WICAPMOM

Matt posted a picture of me :o at the change of command.  ::) So I gave him a hard time.  ??? And he must have had a problem with the posting of the picture.

:'( It is really sad that it did not work out.

NOT >:D

:D
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: WICAPMOM on December 09, 2005, 01:32:34 AM
Matt posted a picture of me :o at the change of command.  ::) So I gave him a hard time.  ??? And he must have had a problem with the posting of the picture.

:'( It is really sad that it did not work out.

NOT >:D

:D

oh so sad.  ???
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

Matt

*cowers in fear* CPPT doesn't apply at work... I sense great opportunity for rubberband fights  ;D

dwb

Hey look, I'm still the Commander!  :-\

We're now up to four months.  Four months!  Honestly, why the #$%* is this taking so long?  We've spammed the CC, CV, and Chief of Staff, talked to them on the phone, and in person.

Less than two weeks 'till my membership lapses!  Unbelievable that it has to come to this.

afgeo4

Once your membership expires, how is the CC nomination handled?  Do they contact the group or does the Wing CC handle this?  That could get messy you know.
GEORGE LURYE

kblanken73

Well you can pretty much rule out 2005 for this to go through if it hasn;t by now.  I wonder about 2006 myself.  Perhaps 2007?  javascript:replaceText(' >:D', document.forms.postmodify.message);
Evil

WICAPMOM

I transfered to the unit, of which I am now the commander.  They of course performed the transfer and then the CoC.  THEN, for some unknown reason, National tried to transfer me back to my old unit less than 2 weeks after the change.   ???

They sent my old commander a letter stating that they refuse to transfer me unless I get someone to take my place as commander.

You can't get your paper work processed but they want to process mine twice.  Maybe I should file on your behalf. ;D
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander

dwb

I had a dream last night that the form was processed.  I'm taking that as a sign that it will be done today.

Supposedly, it's in the mail. It wasn't in the mail last time I said it was in the mail, that was just a lie, I guess.

This time, I've been assured it's in the mail.  Whatever.  :-\

dwb

Oh my god!  The Form 27 went through!  Bestill my heart!

I'm not a Commander anymore!  Woo hoo!

arajca

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey on December 28, 2005, 03:25:17 PM
Oh my god!  The Form 27 went through!  Bestill my heart!

I'm not a Commander anymore!  Woo hoo!

I guess your dream was eerily correct.

Congrats on not being a commander anymore... you can now freely renew your membership.   :)

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on December 29, 2005, 03:38:47 PMyou can now freely renew your membership.   :)

Well, it's not "free"...  ;D

I already renewed, mere hours after I saw the change.  This kind of stole my thunder though, I was almost looking forward to calling NHQ!

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey on December 29, 2005, 04:10:33 PM
Quote from: Pylon on December 29, 2005, 03:38:47 PMyou can now freely renew your membership.   :)

Well, it's not "free"...  ;D

I already renewed, mere hours after I saw the change.  This kind of stole my thunder though, I was almost looking forward to calling NHQ!

I was really looking forward to hearing how they reacted, myself.   :D

Ah well, perhaps we'll have the chance again when you're done being Group Commander.   ;)

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on December 29, 2005, 06:46:56 PMAh well, perhaps we'll have the chance again when you're done being Group Commander.   ;)

#%*&@ you.

>:D