Main Menu

CAP Online Conduct

Started by CAPSOC_0pur8ur, April 14, 2018, 04:42:07 AM

Devil Doc

Oh boy, I am on that page. That post being referred too got seriously out of hand. However, the SM and Cadets involved were both in the wrong. I use the page as a way to joke, make fun of CAP, or just to join in on shenanigans.  I usually post old JROTC photos, my ribbon rack, or just CAP gear I have acquired.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

TheSkyHornet

Virtually everything cadets do in CAP is based on what they're taught in CAP, and that stems from the senior members who either taught them directly or supervised the teaching. It's a failure on the part of senior members when cadets, in a majority fashion, begin to stray and act like that.

Sure, you're going to face some individuals that really stand out, and maybe that's something that just can't be corrected at our level. It comes from their home and school. It's not ours to correct. This is when you have to take certain measures, such as denying a promotion or denying participation in an activity, or other alternatives, to drive home the point that it doesn't fly here. This goes for seniors as well.

Here's a basic officership 101 principle: You're not better than anyone.

The person in charge isn't in charge because they're better. They're in charge because they gained the knowledge and experience to show that their servant leadership for the people subordinate in their chain of responsibility.

Joking around is one thing. That level of ego is unacceptable.

West MI-CAP-Ret

Real professionals address challenges and suggest the fixes.  What I've always appreciated about CAP Talk, has been the professionalism in responses (once, someone warned the offender that there are wing and former wing ccs, as well as region and former region ccs reading these posts, so we all should conduct ourselves accordingly).

I just retired two weeks ago.  I left a volunteer organization.  This organization has limited resources.  The biggest challenge I see for this great (no kidding) organization is that groups and wings would rather put unqualified people in command positions, than close down the squadron (exception to this is out here in west-michigan, where a 2lt was made commander, but since he was smart, a professional on the outside, and he had help from experienced people, the unit survived and membership grew, but sadly I believe this is the exception).  Anyhoo, for any CAP blog to continue and flourish, they need to limit complaints, except where to go and quote the regulation that deals with the subject (and if you are still having trouble, private email the person).

Captains asking questions about uniforms?  I've seen questions like these dismissed with just that type of response.  Better, use these questions as a learning moment (even with 25 years of military service,  I didn't start reading CAP regulations until I ran afoul and needed to know how to address the problem). Being civil to each other will go a long ways towards retention. (Why does CAP spend so much money on recruiting, and not retention)?

Golden Online Media Rule (which will save your a@#):  Never write anything you wouldn't say to the person, face-to-face.  Got problems, start getting 'friends' with the IG manual.  If you gripe, and your website has CAP all over it, then my friend, your website, and possibly your very membership, can have a 'shelf-life'. It only takes 2-5 minutes to generate a 2B form and you're gone, usually with no way to address the wrong or have your side heard (please, don't quote the chapter and verse from the IG manual that instructs, how to address the the wrong, because when it's goes that far, well, go volunteer with the USCGAux or scouts, because you can't 'fight city hall' and you're done with CAP.

My 2 pesos of thought!  8)
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Johnny Yuma

CAP Core values?

I saw both threads that caused the stir on YKYICAPW. While some of the responses were out of line one does not join a Facebook group, not follow the posted rules, throw your grade around, threaten others with 2B's, get blocked and banned by the group administrator then talk Core Values and cyberbullying. It is also poor form to drag your grievances to other FB pages in order to garner sympathy, misrepresenting your part in the incident in the process, to the point where that page administrator deletes your posts as well.

YKYICAPW doesn't just consist of cadets, or even current members. There are plenty of former and retired cadets and Senior members on the group that aren't subject to CAP's rules and many of the 'responses in kind' originated from them.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Starbird on April 14, 2018, 06:36:32 PM
It seems we have bigger fish to fry, such as auxnewsnow and auxbeacon.... they are the ones with professional looking websites who are spreading false info about us.

Auxnewsnow is a dead link and the human debris that run Fauxbeacon are the biggest bunch of lying, slanderous hypocrites I've ever seen run a website. One article will be attacking a CAP member for supposedly racist and homophobic social media posts then turn around and make homophobic attacks against a murdered CAP member.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

SarDragon

Well, that hit the sewer quickly.

Flush.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret