AF PT uniform problems

Started by vmstan, July 08, 2010, 02:53:06 PM

vmstan

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123212445

See, we're not the only ones with issues. Read the article and the comments.

QuoteGood Gosh... Only our wonderfully efficient USAF could turn something as simple as a PT uniform into something this complicated. It's a shame that so much effort time and money is wasted like this.

Replace USAF for CAP and it's not much different than a CAP Talk thread.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

HGjunkie

At least they have a PT uniform...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: HGjunkie on July 08, 2010, 03:50:55 PM

So do many CAP Squadrons...

It's not required, so why bother?

Cobra1597

Quote from: HGjunkie on July 08, 2010, 03:50:55 PM
I'll say the same thing I keep wanting to say to my wing's CAC. If you are willing to buy all of my cadets PT uniforms, and buy them new ones when they outgrow them, feel free to do so.

As it is, my cadets often can't afford boots, can't afford to attend activities like encampments, can't afford squadron dues, etc. We have to help them enough without an additional uniform being thrown at them that they'd use quite infrequently compared to the BDUs and Blues.
Harrison Ingraham, Capt, CAP
MAWG External Aerospace Education Officer, ADY
Spaatz #1597

notaNCO forever

My base has the new pt shorts already and are supposed to have the pants and jacket soon; the shorts are better than the old ones from what I've seen but I'm to cheep to by them when I already own plenty old ones.

JC004

Quote from: Cobra1597 on July 08, 2010, 09:57:53 PM
As it is, my cadets often can't afford boots, can't afford to attend activities like encampments, can't afford squadron dues, etc. We have to help them enough without an additional uniform being thrown at them that they'd use quite infrequently compared to the BDUs and Blues.

...think ya could get the National Board and all to get that concept?  It would even help with National's recent diversity thing since inner-city kids and their parents can't exactly afford this stuff.  Folks call it "Come And Pay" for a reason.  My squadron had a PT uniform when I was Cadet Commander, but we got the uniforms given to us and we simply issued them to the cadets - no cost to us or them.

RADIOMAN015

Frankly the AF has gone nuts with all this PT uniform gear >:D >:D.  Give me a break, what's wrong with just wearing a sweat shirt, sweat pants and running shoes, as long as there's no inappropriate logos or print on them >:(

I guess they must have money to just burn in the AF. :-[  They didnt' get the word that there's a recession going on >:(  Everyone else in the "real civilian world" is counting their pennies & watching their dollars, and now there's $70+ PT uniforms  -- wow >:(

I'm sure there's some CAP'ers that also would love to get that same uniform approved with CAP'er logos all over it.   Wow this over the top,

Total assine move on the USAF part ::) :(   

RM

PHall

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on July 09, 2010, 12:23:13 AM
Frankly the AF has gone nuts with all this PT uniform gear >:D >:D.  Give me a break, what's wrong with just wearing a sweat shirt, sweat pants and running shoes, as long as there's no inappropriate logos or print on them >:(

I guess they must have money to just burn in the AF. :-[  They didnt' get the word that there's a recession going on >:(  Everyone else in the "real civilian world" is counting their pennies & watching their dollars, and now there's $70+ PT uniforms  -- wow >:(

I'm sure there's some CAP'ers that also would love to get that same uniform approved with CAP'er logos all over it.   Wow this over the top,

RM

Not just the Air Force Radioman, all of the other services have a PT uniform too.

SarDragon

But, as a result of being a required item, its cost is included as a part of the annual uniform allowance.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DakRadz

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on July 09, 2010, 12:23:13 AM

RM

Please join me in not using abbreviations such as CAPpers/CAP'ers in any context ;D

I stopped after someone pointed it out, and I'm a stubborn, hard-headed teenager, so I know you can do it! Thank you sir.

raivo

What's that? I can't hear you over the swishing of my pants.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

HGjunkie

Quote from: raivo on July 10, 2010, 08:17:54 PM
+5
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: HGjunkie on July 10, 2010, 08:52:23 PM
Quote from: raivo on July 10, 2010, 08:17:54 PM
+5

What was it you said about not having many "+1" posts? Is +5 any better?

PHall

The new "swish free" Air Force PT pants and jacket are supposed to be available this fall from AAFES.