Main Menu

Rebranding Poll

Started by Holding Pattern, June 30, 2022, 10:37:05 PM

Do you like the CAP Rebranding that was released today?

Yes
No

Holding Pattern

There is a conversational topic elsewhere but I figured a poll of the captalk membership would be useful.

Private Investigator

Thanks for the poll. I am very unhappy with the rebranding.

I am thinking their must be a way to change it thru the chain of command.   

I was hoping for a larger response... maybe this is not that big of a deal?

PHall

This site is not exactly the mainstream of CAP. It's actually a very small piece of the membership.

Pace

CAPTalk is likely to have a large selection bias as most of the active members here are well engrained in the status quo and will resist any change that wasn't in line with their perception of the organization. I'm honestly shocked that we have as many yes's as we do.

One key thing to recognize, though, is the intended trajectory this signifies. I noticed on one of the NHQ posts about the new symbol that the move was to very intentionally make us stand out as more of a corporate intenty than as the USAF Aux. I'm curious what else this means for the strategic planning and future of CAP.
Lt Col, CAP

Toad1168

Needed a third option.  Don't mind the rebrand, but not thrilled with the design. 

My main issue with the design is that it abandons our past. They could have included the propeller in the middle of the triangle at the center.  same color blue.  The argument that it is a symbol that does not resonate with the current times is bunk.  Even the USAF logo they use is simply an updated version of the Hap Arnold wings.  I think that most members, at least the ones I have talked to, take issue in that it literally doesn't tie at all to the organization without explanation.  You can't look at it and say "oh, that's CAP.
Toad

heliodoc

More teeth gnashing from the FB sites...the new logo is a joke...but how about a real poll..

How many folks outside of CAP could even tell we are CAP without some letters attached to any of them...

If we're not on interstate billboards or on regular TV spots or other media dangling our logo...who knows different?

Demonstrates how much time CAP has got devoted towards unrelated mission necessities. Must be nice to be clustered around a 1940s drafting table thinking this stuff up.

I don't ever see CAP even approaching 100K  members over a new logo....thats for sure

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: Toad1168 on July 07, 2022, 03:06:32 PMMy main issue with the design is that it abandons our past.
The explicit design brief seems to have been to break the linkage back to the CD era.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: 754837 on July 07, 2022, 02:12:05 PMI was hoping for a larger response... maybe this is not that big of a deal?

My FB poll has a much larger response, and has over 75% in the "dislike" column.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: heliodoc on July 07, 2022, 05:33:04 PMMore teeth gnashing from the FB sites...the new logo is a joke...but how about a real poll..

How many folks outside of CAP could even tell we are CAP without some letters attached to any of them...

Pretty much everyone in emergency management I ever talk to had immediate recognition of the tri-blade, and those that did not recognized the CD logo it was drawn from.

As an aside, they all hate the new FEMA EM logo as well.

Take from that what you will.

heliodoc

That may be Holding Pattern...

Some EMAs may understand logos...mine in many ways couldn't.

My State, itself, went thru re-branding. Do not know what the total bill was for that lil venture.

Tell you one thing about this logo and FEMAs newer logo....didn't change the mission from what it was the day before.

CAP thinking that a logo with all sorts of colors and "stylishness" is going to impress someone or drastically changes a mission...is pretty shortsighted

PHall

Quote from: heliodoc on July 07, 2022, 11:08:33 PMCAP thinking that a logo with all sorts of colors and "stylishness" is going to impress someone or drastically changes a mission...is pretty shortsighted

No, "CAP" does not think that. Our paid Director of Marketing is the one who thinks so and somehow managed to convince both the National Commander and the Board of Governors too. There was zero input from the membership.