Main Menu

Parents attending meetings

Started by CAPCom, June 12, 2022, 01:38:11 PM

CAPCom

If any of you have had experiences where parents have wanted to attend meetings once their cadet is established in the squadron, I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on it, if you allowed it regularly - if not, how you handled it, and so on.  IS there any kind of official guidance from NHQ about non-members attending meetings beyond the initial interest in joining or guest speakers?  I'd imagine there's something in Cadet Protection regulations, but I'm not finding it at the moment.  Interested in any input on this, but especially personal experience, from you all.  Thank you!

NovemberWhiskey

Parents are welcome to observe all CAP activities. If they want to participate, they need to join but they're always welcome to attend and observe.

ref. CAPP 60-12 Parent's Guide, CAPR 60-2 para 2.6.3

CAPCom

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on June 12, 2022, 02:22:25 PMParents are welcome to observe all CAP activities. If they want to participate, they need to join but they're always welcome to attend and observe.

That aptly answers the question.  Thank you!

Eclipse

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on June 12, 2022, 02:22:25 PMParents are welcome to observe all CAP activities. If they want to participate, they need to join but they're always welcome to attend and observe.

+1

"That Others May Zoom"

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: CAPCom on June 12, 2022, 01:38:11 PMIf any of you have had experiences where parents have wanted to attend meetings once their cadet is established in the squadron, I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on it, if you allowed it regularly - if not, how you handled it, and so on.  IS there any kind of official guidance from NHQ about non-members attending meetings beyond the initial interest in joining or guest speakers?  I'd imagine there's something in Cadet Protection regulations, but I'm not finding it at the moment.  Interested in any input on this, but especially personal experience, from you all.  Thank you!
+1 from me as well.

Always welcomed and generally a good experience.  It was usually the cadet that asked the parent to leave, in my own experience!

Only once in 10 years did I have to ask a parent to "cease and desist" as they kept trying to take over the activity (drill and ceremonial).