Main Menu

FAA Safety email

Started by BillB, August 04, 2011, 07:12:12 PM

BillB

Every day FAA send out a Safety message to those subscribed. (no charge)It there some reason that CAP couldn't recognize a member viewing these emails as a safety briefing? Granted they all apply to aviation safety, not necessarly ground safety. All a member would have to do is notify his/her Commander of the date and topic of the FAA safety message that was viewed. Sure this could be pencil whipped, but a Commander might be able to check to see if the safety message topic was given on the day reported by the member. Probably 99% of the members would be honest about this since it takes only a few miunutes to read the various emails.
If a member choses this route it might be required that he read and report one message a week to the Commander which would cover more topics than would be presented at a Squadron monthly safety briefing.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Майор Хаткевич

Unlike pilots, the rest of us have to walk, drive, and live on the ground, I'd say 99% of the time. If we are to have a safety program, it somewhat has to address that.

Eclipse

Reading an email does not meet the "interactive" requirement of the briefing.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I think it would be nice to incorporate that, but you'd have to come up with some way of documenting that it was read and understood, otherwise people could just sign up for it and delete the emails daily. 

AirDX

CAP makes it so easy to complete the requirement that I don't think much more is needed.  First, show up at your monthly in person session and you're done.  Miss that meeting, go to e-Services > CAP Online Safety Education and there are 11 Elective Monthly Education Courses and 3 Operational Risk Management Courses that will automatically update your record without getting your Safety officer involved.

Go into the FAA Wings website and there are a ton of online courses you can take - e-mail you safety officer the resulting certificate, and he can enter it in e-Services to make you current.

Stuff you do on the job can be logged as well - I tell my active duty and DoD civilian folks to send me the certificates when they take things like SABC or Force Protection.  It's all good.

The key is interactive, and it should generate a certificate of some kind that you can show your safety officer.   
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 05, 2011, 02:06:34 AM

Then call it an online brief and make them take a quiz. That's what they did with the Winter Board safety briefing - if you were watching online you got credit if you took the quiz.

JeffDG

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 05, 2011, 12:59:46 PM

Then call it an online brief and make them take a quiz. That's what they did with the Winter Board safety briefing - if you were watching online you got credit if you took the quiz.
Well, then thanks for volunteering to create a quiz every day for this e-mail from the FAA...and By God, you better have it done within minutes of it going out, because people will have it and want credit for it the moment it comes out.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JeffDG on August 05, 2011, 01:18:14 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 05, 2011, 12:59:46 PM

Well, then thanks for volunteering to create a quiz every day for this e-mail from the FAA...and By God, you better have it done within minutes of it going out, because people will have it and want credit for it the moment it comes out.

I did no such thing! ;D Maybe do one to cover the whole month.

And since I'm not blessed with a pilot's license (yet), I don't get the emails, meaning I don't have to do it! >:D