Main Menu

Old CAP Ribbons

Started by tarheel gumby, January 11, 2009, 05:36:09 PM

tarheel gumby

I am looking for reference material concerning 2 different old ribbons. They are the Cadet Leadership Ribbon awarded from 1968 to 1971. and the Special Activities Award awarded from 1966 to 1971. I have found pics of the ribbons and not much other information about them, other than the name and the dates that they used. Again any help will be greatly appreciated.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SarDragon

I have one of those books, but can't currently locate it. Another place to look might be here, but I don't see much.

I don't recall the Leadership Award from WIWAC, because I was mostly inactive during that time. The Special Activities Award is the olde NCSA ribbon.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Timbo

^ Wow......and people think we have too many ribbons today.  Counting them up, a Senior could have been wearing close to 20 Ribbons between 1960 and 1982. 

tarheel gumby

I know.... the pamphlet that I am working on would make the "ribbon hounds" eyes glaze over. ;D

There were way too many ribbons then.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

RiverAux

QuoteCounting them up, a Senior could have been wearing close to 20 Ribbons between 1960 and 1982. 
Seems like that is less than what we could have today. 

IceNine

Quote from: RiverAux on January 12, 2009, 01:38:50 AM
QuoteCounting them up, a Senior could have been wearing close to 20 Ribbons between 1960 and 1982. 
Seems like that is less than what we could have today. 

I'm wearing 17 right now.

I could get up to 5 more by simply participating.  Let alone the potential for awards and decorations given that I've probably got upwards of 50 years left in CAP (god willing)
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

tarheel gumby

Thank you for the ideas. I will now look to find the regs or manuals that authorize them. That should be challenging enough.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

TeamBronx

The CLS ribbon was given to graduates of the Cadet Leadership School held at Maxwell AFB.  It was only given for those three years.  CLS was the predecessor national special activity to the current Cadet Officers' School (COS).  A silver star attachment for the Mitchell Award is now given to COS graduates.  This is transferred to a cadet's highest achievement ribbon upon turning senior.

The Special Activities Ribbon was awarded to cadets  who attended a national cadet special activity.  The award was given only for those activities that did not have its own specific ribbon.  Activities such as National Drill Competition, International Drill Competition (which looked a lot like the Special Activities Ribbon - it had a second row of horizontal lines), Space Flight Orientation Course, IACE, Jet Age Orientation Course and others had their own ribbon.

tarheel gumby

Thank you for the information. That will help
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001