Rocketry Badge???

Started by TEAM SURGE, June 23, 2008, 09:08:46 AM

TEAM SURGE

This weekend I was staff at the Oregon Wing, Rocketry Weekend. We passed the weekend and got a patch to put on our uniform. Whats bothering me is that it says the squadron patch goes on the top right hand pocket. The rocketry patch also goes on the top right hand pocket.

I went to the rocketry program there were cadets that were wearing the Rocketry Patch(These cadets already took the course) on the hand pocket. I am confused.....can we wear it on the left hand top pocket?

Message icon - MIKE
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

JC004

No.  You get the one position.  That is it.

DC

Those cadets are not wearing it properly. The Rocketry Badge, the so called 'pocket-rocket' is worn on the left breast pocket of the blues shirt, but the model rocketry patch is worn on the right side breast pocket of BDUs. Other side is resereved for NCSA patches.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Table 2-6, Item 8: Model Rocketry Badge (As authorized by CAPM 50-20)(Cadets Only) centered below flap on left breast pocket (male and female).

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Table 6-4, Item 12: Model Rocketry Patch, embroidered, centered below the pocket flap on the right breast pocket of the BDU or field uniform shirt or BDU or dark blue field jacket.

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: DC on June 23, 2008, 10:28:34 AM
Those cadets are not wearing it properly. The Rocketry Badge, the so called 'pocket-rocket' is worn on the left breast pocket of the blues shirt, but the model rocketry patch is worn on the right side breast pocket of BDUs. Other side is resereved for NCSA patches.

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Table 2-6, Item 8: Model Rocketry Badge (As authorized by CAPM 50-20)(Cadets Only) centered below flap on left breast pocket (male and female).

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Table 6-4, Item 12: Model Rocketry Patch, embroidered, centered below the pocket flap on the right breast pocket of the BDU or field uniform shirt or BDU or dark blue field jacket.

It is rediculous that there commader doesn't say anything about that.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

DC

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on June 23, 2008, 05:25:26 PM

Are you referring to their Cadet Commander or their Squadron Commander? Either, they are likely assuming that that the patch and the badge go in the same place without bothering to look it up in 39-1. A lot of people seem to be mortally frightened of cracking open a regulation or a manual to discover the correct way to do things, they would rather assume, then get all ticked off when you tell them it is wrong. In the case of a patch especially, because of the hassle in removing it and resewing it, or if they glued it they just lost their blouse...

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: DC on June 23, 2008, 05:30:02 PM
Quote from: TEAM SURGE on June 23, 2008, 05:25:26 PM

Are you referring to their Cadet Commander or their Squadron Commander? Either, they are likely assuming that that the patch and the badge go in the same place without bothering to look it up in 39-1. A lot of people seem to be mortally frightened of cracking open a regulation or a manual to discover the correct way to do things, they would rather assume, then get all ticked off when you tell them it is wrong. In the case of a patch especially, because of the hassle in removing it and resewing it, or if they glued it they just lost their blouse...

Yeah...it frustates me because there were like tenn kids that were wearing it wrong. Then I heard that if you are qualifyed in one thing in GES like MRO or UDF I heard you can wear the GES patch such as the dog one or the airplane one
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

davidsinn

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on June 23, 2008, 05:40:31 PM
Then I heard that if you are qualifyed in one thing in GES like MRO or UDF I heard you can wear the GES patch such as the dog one or the airplane one

You can.
Quote3. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Pylon

Yeah...it frustates me because there were like tenn kids that were wearing it wrong. Then I heard that if you are qualifyed in one thing in GES like MRO or UDF I heard you can wear the GES patch such as the dog one or the airplane one

The rules for wear are in those pesky aforementioned regs.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: Pylon on June 23, 2008, 06:00:26 PM

The rules for wear are in those pesky aforementioned regs.  ;)

HAHA the regs scare me....I will look into that now.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

DC

GES plus one specialty. The patch is worn above the nametape.

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: DC on June 23, 2008, 07:31:17 PM

Well I am confused badly now!
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

lordmonar

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on June 23, 2008, 10:58:21 PM
Quote from: DC on June 23, 2008, 07:31:17 PM

Well I am confused badly now!

How so?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

What is so confusing, the regulation is pretty clear. The left breast pocket is reserved for NCSA patches. The right breast pocket is for squadron patches, or other patches like First Aid/CPR, Model Rocketry, Communications, etc. The ES patch, either the Pluto or T-34 design, goes above the nametape, the reversed flag patch goes on the left shoulder, the wing patch goes on the left shoulder. Out of all of those, only the flag is mandatory, and depending on what wing you are in (FLWG, for example), the wing patch is too. Very simple.

MIKE

Quote from: DC on June 24, 2008, 01:51:49 AM
What is so confusing, the regulation is pretty clear. The left breast pocket is reserved for NCSA patches. The right breast pocket is for squadron patches, or other patches like First Aid/CPR, Model Rocketry, Communications, etc. The ES patch, either the Pluto or T-34 design, goes above the nametape, the reversed flag patch goes on the left shoulder, the wing patch goes on the left shoulder. Out of all of those, only the flag is mandatory, and depending on what wing you are in (FLWG, for example), the wing patch is too. Very simple.

Bolded is wrong.
Mike Johnston

DC

TEAM SURGE

I know that I mean come on. I am an NCO I know whats mandatory it's just how can the commanders in the Squads act like they dont notice that there uniformms are wrong LOL It makes NO sence AT all
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

DC

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on June 24, 2008, 07:54:44 PM

I know that I mean come on. I am an NCO I know whats mandatory it's just how can the commanders in the Squads act like they dont notice that there uniformms are wrong LOL It makes NO sence AT all
It was not my intention to offend you, I am sorry that I misinterpreted your post. However, should someone who does not know come along, there it is. Sorry.

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: DC on June 25, 2008, 05:15:22 AM
Quote from: TEAM SURGE on June 24, 2008, 07:54:44 PM

It was not my intention to offend you, I am sorry that I misinterpreted your post. However, should someone who does not know come along, there it is. Sorry.

Don't be sorry!  :)

I wasn't offended by that, just bothered by the facts of which I am speaking of.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

DC

Lack of knowledge about how to wear a uniform is all too common to CAP, and very unfortunate. People are too lazy to lift a book and look it up themselves, combined with current teen fashion, which definately does not put an emphasis on sharp appearance, and you have cadets that don't know, or care to wear a uniform right, and senior members that don't know enough to correct them, or don't care either.

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: DC on June 25, 2008, 11:56:16 PM
Lack of knowledge about how to wear a uniform is all too common to CAP, and very unfortunate. People are too lazy to lift a book and look it up themselves, combined with current teen fashion, which definately does not put an emphasis on sharp appearance, and you have cadets that don't know, or care to wear a uniform right, and senior members that don't know enough to correct them, or don't care either.

Yeah, I understand that.  I have looked up everything about the BDU, and all the patches. I just get confused when I see a pretty much cream of the crop cadet with a patch in the incorrect place. >:(
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"