Davis Award Certificate?

Started by taylor914, December 15, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

taylor914

I earned my Davis award about 8 or 9 months ago.  I was under the impression that I should receive a certificate, with the Yeager seal since I had completed that prior to the Davis.  Should I have gotten a certificate?  Or do they not hand those out anymore?

AlphaSigOU

Contact your wing director of professional development in case they did not send the certificate. Otherwise, contact Jennifer Carroll, the NHQ registrar to obtain a duplicate certificate.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Майор Хаткевич

They get lost...a lot.

QuoteLV2   13 Dec 2012

Still waiting (but not holding my breath).

SouthernCross

Per CAPR 50-17, you are entitled to have it

"4-8. Yeager Award Seal. Senior members who elect to complete the requirements for the Brigadier
General Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement Award before or during
Level II training are eligible to receive a special Yeager Award embossed seal affixed to their Gen
Benjamin O Davis, Jr. Award. To receive the seal, Section 8e must be completed on CAPF 24.
Details for earning the Yeager Award may be found in CAPR 280-2, Civil Air Patrol Aerospace
Education Mission."

MacGruff

Quote from: SouthernCross on December 16, 2014, 05:14:16 PM
Per CAPR 50-17, you are entitled to have it

"4-8. Yeager Award Seal. Senior members who elect to complete the requirements for the Brigadier
General Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Aerospace Education Achievement Award before or during
Level II training are eligible to receive a special Yeager Award embossed seal affixed to their Gen
Benjamin O Davis, Jr. Award. To receive the seal, Section 8e must be completed on CAPF 24.
Details for earning the Yeager Award may be found in CAPR 280-2, Civil Air Patrol Aerospace
Education Mission."

I guess the actual form was modified a bit. It is section 6e on the form (Not 8e), but the exact same instructions are noted on the form for how to get that special seal.

a2capt

I've never had a certificate get lost.. I got all mine pretty promptly. Though the delivery was a bit lacking a couple times, the most 'memorable' being the Level IV, got dropped on the keyboard in front of me while I was pushing IMU buttons at an evaluated exercise.

I had to wait for the Gill Rob Wilson, I knew that deal, I just wanted to actually see the number so I knew it got processed. At least that was at a Wing Conference that was for all intents, right down the street compared to the usual.

GroundHawg

Waiting over a year now on mine.

LATORRECA

My arrived to the unit and they lost it. Never got it, and they said they will get it redone, I'm still waiting.  Eventually I will request a duplicate for my "I love me" wall.
    Its good to show and tell the kids and visitors. So if you got yours, just keep it and frame it . They look good on the wall.  8)

BHartman007

I didn't even know you could get a real cert. I thought you just had to print it yourself. In that case, I want mine, dang it!

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

LATORRECA

I received originals Mitchell, and my Yeager from NHQ.   They are pretty good about it.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have originals of SLS, Yeager and CommComm.

I had originals of CLC and CoP, but those got lost in my many moves.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

James Shaw

How about this.

Once you earn a CAP award that has a Certificate it is put in eservices. When it is validated by your Commander then you could print out a replacement anytime you want. similar to how it works with the LMS now, but the current award design. It would allow you to print 8 1/2 x 11 or 11 x 14.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)