Any ideas on outergarments for the grey/white order of dress?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, June 10, 2011, 03:27:41 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Since it's doubtful that the black Army windbreaker/trenchcoat will be carried over from the CSU and allowed for wear with the G/W, does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be used?

This is in the K.I.S.S. vein (paging Gene Simmons)...I'm talking about something simple with epaulettes for CAP shoulder marks.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

titanII

No longer active on CAP talk

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SARDOC

Is this Trenchcoat officially part of the CSU or just approved outerwear?

capmaj

Why add anything else? Just add the gray slides keep the black wind breaker as an option. Those that already have it can continue to wear it with the GW. Those that don't can continue to wear whatever civvy jacket they have been wearing.

Eclipse

Quote from: capmaj on June 10, 2011, 07:37:59 PM
Why add anything else? Just add the gray slides keep the black wind breaker as an option. Those that already have it can continue to wear it with the GW. Those that don't can continue to wear whatever civvy jacket they have been wearing.

The Army windbreaker is a military uniform part and therefore is not, and cannot (unless 39-1 is changed) be worn with any of our corporate uniforms.
It is no different than the blue USAF version.

Mixing military items with corporate items is verboten.

"That Others May Zoom"

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Eclipse on June 10, 2011, 10:42:33 PM
Quote from: capmaj on June 10, 2011, 07:37:59 PM

The Army windbreaker is a military uniform part and therefore is not, and cannot (unless 39-1 is changed) be worn with any of our corporate uniforms.
It is no different than the blue USAF version.

Mixing military items with corporate items is verboten.
Some would argue with you that the Blue BDU's are too similar to the USCG uniform also.

My guess is the vast majority of the membership has NO burning desire to see some mandatory jacket for wearing with the white/grey uniform anyways.
RM

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 10, 2011, 11:06:51 PM
Some would argue with you that the Blue BDU's are too similar to the USCG uniform also.

The cut and color are different and the Coast Guard tucks in their shirts.

Further, we are not discussing field uniforms.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on June 10, 2011, 11:45:25 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 10, 2011, 11:06:51 PM

The cut and color are different and the Coast Guard tucks in their shirts.

Further, we are not discussing field uniforms.

The Coast Guard is phasing out the Tucked in Uniform and Phasing the Untucked version in they become mandatory in DEC 2012

http://www.uscg.mil/hr/udc/docs/odu08-update-2008-09-29-web/odu08-update-2008-09-29-web/index.asp

SARDOC

RVT

Quote from: CyBorg on June 10, 2011, 03:27:41 PMSince it's doubtful that the black Army windbreaker/trenchcoat will be carried over from the CSU and allowed for wear with the G/W, does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be used?

The AF Cardigan sweater is actually authorized.  I have no idea why but it is - and the standard shoulder slides go in it.  Your other two uniform choices are that snap up personalized windbreaker from Vanguard and the blue flight jacket, complete with all of the insignia, as authorized per 39-1. (Para 4-1 before anybody says "Cite Please").  The latter two are authorized over the polo shirt uniform as well.

The blue flight jacket over aviator whites is probably the best corporate uniform once the CSU goes away.

The CyBorg is destroyed

These are some good (albeit a few tongue-in-cheek) ideas.

I'm not proposing anything new be mandatory, just allowed.

I would like to keep the Army trenchcoat/windbreaker, but Eclipse gave the reasons we can't, though in retrospect I wonder why they were authorised with the CSU, which was itself a mixture of military and civilian clothing items.

If they were made like the L2B with epaulets, the MA-1 with shoulder marks wouldn't be horrible...but I haven't seen any like that.

This would be kind of cool...I found it on Evilbay:

It looks kind of like an MA-1 but has epaulettes, and I've had one and they're quite comfortable (loads of pockets, too).

The only problem is, they were Canadian issue, and no longer manufactured.

I concur with RVT that the blue flight jacket (MA-1/CWU) is probably going to be the best option.

Suggestions for hats also...and don't worry, I'm not going to suggest a beret.

It would be cool if we could somehow get something like the Navy had in WWII:

...but I don't know of anyone making anything like that in this day and age.

I might get one off Evilbay and wear it with the grey/white without insignia until someone tells me not to... >:D :angel: :P ;)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Thrashed

Ideas: See uniform manual.
ANY civilian coat/jacket is OK.

Save the triangle thingy

SarDragon

Quote from: Thrash on June 11, 2011, 06:15:46 AM

The problem that has come up here is the definition of civilian. Some say that wearing an L-2B (essentially a light weight MA-1, with slight appearance differences) with corporate uniforms is OK, since it is now an obsolete AF uniform item. Others disagree. Where do you draw the line? Ask 50 people and you'll get at least that many answers.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on June 11, 2011, 06:23:36 AM
Quote from: Thrash on June 11, 2011, 06:15:46 AM

The problem that has come up here is the definition of civilian. Some say that wearing an L-2B (essentially a light weight MA-1, with slight appearance differences) with corporate uniforms is OK, since it is now an obsolete AF uniform item. Others disagree. Where do you draw the line? Ask 50 people and you'll get at least that many answers.

If it was a military uniform item, then it's not a civilian jacket.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 11, 2011, 03:59:44 PM
If it was a military uniform item, then it's not a civilian jacket.

Except that, as I stated, my former boss, a retired AF Captain, wore his AF blue jacket without insignia as a civilian jacket.

Throughout most of high school, I wore my brother-in-law's old Army M-65 without insignia except for the "US ARMY" tape.

Alright, it's more or less established that the blue flight jacket and black A-2 leather jacket are good to go with the G/W.

Any ideas on headgear?  I know what my preference would be, but it's doubtful it would happen.

This came from a website selling headgear for chefs!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ßτε

QuoteHeadgear is not required but a CAP baseball cap may be worn.

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^Meaning what?  The one Vanguard sells?

Or these that I found on Evilbay?

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ßτε

QuoteCAP Baseball Cap: May be worn with the utility uniforms if authorized by the unit commander. The color, material, unit designation, or silk screen organizational emblem or badge will be prescribed by the unit commander. Emblem or badge, if authorized, will be centered 1/2 inch above visor.