Aircraft Refurbs; the 206

Started by FW, March 03, 2011, 01:49:02 AM

JeffDG

Quote from: bosshawk on March 04, 2011, 04:51:49 AM
O rides and pilot proficiency, I guess. Oh, yeah, CD missions, which don't rely on ELTs.  ELTs will now be ground search, only.  Glad that I am gone.
Disaster Recovery and ariel route surveys don't require DF either, and those are missions that are getting more training attention lately in many places.

Mustang

How does SAR get less and less important each year??
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Fubar

Quote from: Mustang on March 05, 2011, 01:18:31 AM
How does SAR get less and less important each year??

Because the AFRCC is calling us less and less with each passing year.

FastAttack

Quote from: Mustang on March 03, 2011, 06:41:27 AM

Looks good.  I daresay it might even be a more usable set-up than the G1000. (Less for the observer to monkey with, too. ;D )

Quote from: cap235629 on March 03, 2011, 02:29:04 AM
where is the DF?

My first thought exactly.

Quote from: FastAttack on March 03, 2011, 05:35:18 AMgreat the florida U206 has a ASPEN PFD

did they decide what instrument package they are going for yet?

Absolutely no excuse for basing that aircraft in a sea-level state like Florida.   None.  >:(

I agree.. but seems like they like to use it for "secret squirrel missions"  lately so they put good use on it.. ( although it seems that it breaks a lot)

I enjoy flying it. But I don't see the point for that aircraft here in Florida. Except the rare occasions ( ie the secret squirrel missions, and Deep Water , RECON)